Advice on diagnostic equipment

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
To add and not edit, the car was then worth over four grand less in the space of about three months due to the moon mileage.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
ouch!:(

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
I bought a Vauxhall once (yes I know) from a main Vauxhall dealership (yes I know this too thanks).
Mileage on the car was 39k, when I traded it in a few months later the mileage was actually found in hpi to be 141k and Vauxhall had been naughty about the truth.
Vauxhall said I was informed about the mileage and the technical error on the sales sheeto_O
Possibly one day karma will be my friend and I’ll see the sales guy again who misled me, and it won’t end well for him.

On a more positive note, you can always claim to have owned a Vauxhall that had done 140'000 + miles......now thats not something that everyone can say........ :cool::)

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
My last track car (toy) was a 280bhp fully stripped-out corsa. FAF and would wheel-spin from 80mph in fourth gear :-D.
The chassis was that bad though I had to feather the throttle to even consider taking a bend.
Never again will I buy anything with a griffin on the front.

Also to keep the thread on topic for any future searches performed, I have my detailed and expansive review of the Autel AP200 below:

It is pig shite.

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I managed to communicate with my car and read ecu for vin confirmation, but following my oil change my many attempts at an oil reset expired with my patience.
The app just pretends to initialise/read and sits like that for any length of time you wait (10 mins was my last attempt).
I re-downloaded the app, the software, reset my phone etc etc etc, but the thing is pure rubbish and has been returned to amazon. I'll buy something else.

After admitting defeat with the autel/awful, I also followed youtube instructions at an oil reset using steering wheel buttons but that didn't work either. If anyone knows a way, I'd be grateful for a share. And no, a mercedes dealership isn't a welcome suggestion.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I remember now coming across it on my carsoft i980 with its limited connection in 3 places from memory (modules as you say blobcat)
Can you remember step by step how you accessed the modules ( and which ones ) with the iCarsoft i980?
Thanks Jim.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can't at the minute Jim I will look back through it and post

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I’ve just parted with £300 for a foxwell nt680 all systems. It promises good things will happen when I insert it.

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
Update on the Foxwell NT680 All Systems obd tool : It's shite. It does nothing close to what was promised. I feel gullable , dirty and violated. Also £300 out of pocket too. Hopefully the seller will accept a return (dirty eebaye).
I'm getting bored of this.
I need to rewind epb and clear oil service light. FFS.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’ve just parted with £300 for a foxwell nt680 all systems. It promises good things will happen when I insert it.
Well Wear, keep us posted
I tried the youtube method but it won't work. I held phone+okay buttons but nothing happened.
Same here on the brothers C class, could not get the button method to work...wrote down the instructions line-by-line, and followed them to the letter....no joy. Glad to hear that i'm not the only one............:rolleyes:

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
01:44 !?
Either you are on furlough and spend way to much time on cod, or you work nights :alien:

I shall return the Foxwell for a refund, the seller was a very helpful guy and accepted a return less postage and paypal fees which is to be expected. The company is based in Wales (Genden UK) and they sell a whole host of obd gear so based on my experience I'd recommend them. The guy said we won't get anything currently that can reset oil service light, withdraw the handbrake/rear caliper pistons etc unless our cars are at least two years old which gives Foxwell the opportunity to catch up with software.

I like to perform many oil/trans fluid changes (as I do with my motors) so will exceed the Man.service spec. by far, and wanted to keep the ecu updated with actual ecu oil resets.
Looks like a dirty cheapnese xentry/star is the only way, though I am very reluctant to plug a snide copy into my £78k car.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
01:44 !?
Either you are on furlough and spend way to much time on cod, or you work nights :alien:

I shall return the Foxwell for a refund, the seller was a very helpful guy and accepted a return less postage and paypal fees which is to be expected. The company is based in Wales (Genden UK) and they sell a whole host of obd gear so based on my experience I'd recommend them. The guy said we won't get anything currently that can reset oil service light, withdraw the handbrake/rear caliper pistons etc unless our cars are at least two years old which gives Foxwell the opportunity to catch up with software.

I like to perform many oil/trans fluid changes (as I do with my motors) so will exceed the Man.service spec. by far, and wanted to keep the ecu updated with actual ecu oil resets.
Looks like a dirty cheapnese xentry/star is the only way, though I am very reluctant to plug a snide copy into my £78k car.
I'm a bit of an night owl at the moment........this lockdown has slowly but surely changed my normal routine.....has it affected anyone else the same way??? Have you considered iCarsoft OBD readers?? No problem to reset service miles, and I'm pretty sure that it does what you need with the ECU updating. I've never had to update the ECU in mine, so I can't speak 100% for sure, but if you google iCarsoft CR PRO, it will show you what it's capable of.

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I'm a bit of an night owl at the moment........this lockdown has slowly but surely changed my normal routine.....has it affected anyone else the same way??? Have you considered iCarsoft OBD readers?? No problem to reset service miles, and I'm pretty sure that it does what you need with the ECU updating. I've never had to update the ECU in mine, so I can't speak 100% for sure, but if you google iCarsoft CR PRO, it will show you what it's capable of.

The icaraoft has been mentioned to me already so I’ll have another look at.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can you remember step by step how you accessed the modules ( and which ones ) with the iCarsoft i980?
Thanks Jim.
Hi Jim sorry it took so long mileage in instrument cluster obviously, and in following
2 EIS electronic ignition switch
3 4 cylinder Engine: All actual values : Internal parameters
4 4 cylinder Engine: DPF: check diesel particulate filter
I'm getting different mileage readings from DPF and instrument cluster total kms. Instrument cluster total kms seems to be in metres once converted to miles? I have a slight discrepancy of 300 miles between EIS and LCD reading of mileage on the dash but large discrepancy at DPF reading like 120,000:shock:? Interesting to see if all the mileage readings are the same in those places in your vehicle Jim? My vehicle I have suspected isn't genuine a long time ago:D

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Carsoft i980 is a great little starter tool(superseded now but still available on Amazon or fleabay) to point you in the right direction for faults as it covers reading every module (in my Vito anyways). Its small and compact and easy stored in the car as mine is always in the van just in case:rolleyes: at least it will keep getting you out of limp mode if its intermittent until you get home:D I have Delphi software on a laptop which cover the programming part which i have only used for injectors and DPF reset and Regen so far.

Last edited:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
The problem with any 3rd party tool is it will lag behind current models by a couple of years.
If checking iCarsoft look at the compatibility chart they publish to make sure your model is covered.

Top Bottom