Any F1 fans

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
If I was Toto I would seriously consider Vettel.
I think the car would suit him a lot more than the red one.
Of course, with two super egos I would have to hire a top name in man management and negotiation but I’d be sure to include some clauses in the contracts to make walking away from the seat financially ruinous.
It would be a heck of a force to reckon with going forward with in 2021!
That of course hinges on the question of MB carrying on in the sport with 1/2 the budget they were allowed this year!

neeklaus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55
I've wanted to see Bottas do better, he a very likeable guy and definitely has the on-track ability to beat Lewis. Lewis just seems so strong mentally though – Nico retiring after beating him says a lot.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
I would like to see VB stay and his talks with Renault are most likely a back up plan, in case Mercedes don't renew his contract.

I've said it before, Stroll shouldn't be on the grid when there are better drivers out there who can't get a seat.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I would like to see VB stay and his talks with Renault are most likely a back up plan, in case Mercedes don't renew his contract.

I've said it before, Stroll shouldn't be on the grid when there are better drivers out there who can't get a seat.

Nothing to do with skills, the right connections are the ticket. It's happened many times before :rolleyes:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Well todays the big day....finally get the 2020 season started!
Its going to be a bit different what with no fans at the circuit, but I'm just happy to see it back.
I am a massive Lewis Hamilton fan and have followed him since his rookie season in 2007, that he should have won!
I will be rooting for the black car.......but well aware that Max has won at this circuit the past 2 years.

I do not have Sky so have to make do with watching Ch.4's highlights programme, so hope spoilers are not posted until after this has aired.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
It's great to see the mighty new W11 in action!

Go on Mercedes!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Everyone knocks him but

He was Italian F4 champion in 2014, Toyota Racing Series champion in 2015, and 2016 FIA European Formula 3 champion. He was part of the Ferrari Driver Academy from 2010 to 2015

He can't be that bad!!!

I agree in the lower formulas he did well, as a lot of the drivers do. But, they don't all shine in F1 as that is where they are ultimately tested (taking away their car's advantages/disadvantages).

This season will be interesting as the pink Mercedes is virtually a W10 so a good car, see how it goes.

Speaking of this season, WOW what a start. Mercedes have definitely hit the ground running.

EDIT: I have edited the rest not include spoilers as requested, but you can't expect an F1 thread to talk about the day's events. Not everyone will read your post (I missed it) on not posting spoilers so I would try and keep out of the thread until later and social media of course if you use it.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Unfortunately with F1 coverage now no longer broadcast live on terrestrial tv, and not everybody has or is willing to pay for Sky.....I will avoid this thread till after I have seen it on Ch.4.....and yes Facebook too which has caught me out in the past!
Its been on Ch.4 now though so all bets are off. :D

Wow.....I was as surprised as Coulthard, Webber and Jones......where have Mercedes found half a second on such a short lap?? o_O
Race day is always a different proposition though, but if that is just as convincing then it looks like Mercedes year yet again.
Ok maybe a bit too early to say that.... :p
I was impressed by Lando Norris getting his McLaren in 4th, he is a really nice likeable guy, and still only 20 years old.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Unfortunately with F1 coverage now no longer broadcast live on terrestrial tv, and not everybody has or is willing to pay for Sky.....I will avoid this thread till after I have seen it on Ch.4.....and yes Facebook too which has caught me out in the past!
Its been on Ch.4 now though so all bets are off. :D

Wow.....I was as surprised as Coulthard, Webber and Jones......where have Mercedes found half a second on such a short lap?? o_O
Race day is always a different proposition though, but if that is just as convincing then it looks like Mercedes year yet again.
Ok maybe a bit too early to say that.... :p
I was impressed by Lando Norris getting his McLaren in 4th, he is a really nice likeable guy, and still only 20 years old.
Danny Ric is going to be smiling even wider :D

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Well done Valtteri but watch out tomorrow when the hammer gets going!

neeklaus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55
it will be interesting to see if RB can outfox MB on strategy, with verstappen starting on the mediums

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I have a borrowed Sky Go on my iPad so watched it live....interesting day

aybracers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250CGI Saloon,C200 Estate
So brilliant of Lando.

Let's hope it's the first of many podiums.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
A bit of a harsh penalty for Lewis in my opinion.
And why MB didn’t make Lewis and Valtteri swap places and get two podiums is an odd one!

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom