Any F1 fans

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
A bit of a harsh penalty for Lewis in my opinion.

Not at all, same as Max got in Mexico last year when Bottas crashed in the last corner. His excuse of "dust" so he couldn't see the light board was flimsy at best considering the yellow flag shows up on the steering wheel as well

And why MB didn’t make Lewis and Valtteri swap places and get two podiums is an odd one!

He would have never got that far ahead in the remaining laps, the car was struggling so best to get home with solid points

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Felt really pi$$ed about Albon, shitty luck, I thought he could have won. :(

I had been a rabid Lewis fan since his rookie year, but, just lately, since he started getting more concerned about politics than driving and after skelping Albon in Brazil I'm more interested in Albon doing well.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I genuinely think it was a harsh penalty for Hamilton because his steering angle never moved through the corner up to the point of impact, which was effectively Albon driving into his front wheel because he had better grip and was able to turn tighter. Its not like Hamilton could have jumped out of the way.....so at worst it was a racing incident.
Lando Norris done brilliant to get fastest last lap just when it mattered most.
More of the same from Vettel though.....

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
I genuinely think it was a harsh penalty for Hamilton because his steering angle never moved through the corner up to the point of impact, which was effectively Albon driving into his front wheel because he had better grip and was able to turn tighter. Its not like Hamilton could have jumped out of the way.....so at worst it was a racing incident.

Exactly!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Totally agree.

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain

I'm inclined to agree. I have seen similar incidents where the driver inside has let the steering out so force the other driver off, but as you say, Lewis kept the lock on but just didn't have the grip. Albon was optimistic going round the outside when he knew the Mercedes was on older and less grippy tyres. He had plenty of time and the tyres to get past Hamilton before the end of the race, but needed to be patient. I'd put it as a racing incident.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Technically Lewis was obliged to leave a car width knowing he was being overtaken and failed to do so by keeping the same line as stated above, i.e. should have taken a different line but let's face it, that is not racing....

Mercedes SL500 R231

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Technically Lewis was obliged to leave a car width knowing he was being overtaken and failed to do so by keeping the same line as stated above, i.e. should have taken a different line but let's face it, that is not racing....

Mercedes SL500 R231
I think he was losing grip at that stage and if he’d turned in more from that line it would have been worse as I suspect the tyres would let go
That’s what I’d argue anyway :D

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
I think he was losing grip at that stage and if he’d turned in more from that line it would have been worse as I suspect the tyres would let go
That’s what I’d argue anyway :D
Perhaps he should have taken a knee width ;-).

Mercedes SL500 R231

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I genuinely think it was a harsh penalty for Hamilton because his steering angle never moved through the corner up to the point of impact

This is part of the point, he never tried to turn more and the stewards saw that from the onboard shot and at the point of impact Albon was clearly ahead

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Toto was quoted as saying that Lewis was on full lock already, so nothing doing really.
The whole incident is a repeat of the one last year. Albon on better tyres tries to go on the outside and fails.
He obviously didn't learn that this wasn't a good idea.
His inexperience shows by being too impatient.

neeklaus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55
What a great race though. 11 cars left!
All verstappen had to do was win and I’d be up on my 100:1 bet ... ah well, there’s always next weeks Austrian gp!

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
What a great race though. 11 cars left!
All verstappen had to do was win and I’d be up on my 100:1 bet ... ah well, there’s always next weeks Austrian gp!
Wow are they racing it again next week? ;-).

Mercedes SL500 R231

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I'm beginning to think Abiteboul must be a masochist, he must be if he wants the most toxic driver ever in his team.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom