20% Discount on MB Service plans

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Does anyone know what level of service you get with the service plan? Is it just the Routine Maintenance items, as shown on the service website, or does it include the recommended Additional Items too?
I think owners have been told the car needs x, y and z and when they tell the dealership it’s on a service plan it suddenly no longer needs them or it’s not covered by the plan...

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I just found the service plan T&Cs. It’s for routine items only.
See my post 2 above yours and in the link look at part 1. (c) (iii), this incudes additional items that have to be paid for seperately when paying on the day.

micky.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Line Coupe 2015
See my post 2 above yours and in the link look at part 1. (c) (iii), this incudes additional items that have to be paid for seperately when paying on the day.
Yes, you’re right, I didn’t see that bit, thanks.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
MB Cheshire Oaks and Liverpool carried out the service work required, no additional charges, only one blip when they put the 'wrong' oil in my 63, but when challenged they changed it with minimum fuss and gave me a decent loaner whilst they did it.

micky.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Line Coupe 2015
MB Cheshire Oaks and Liverpool carried out the service work required, no additional charges, only one blip when they put the 'wrong' oil in my 63, but when challenged they changed it with minimum fuss and gave me a decent loaner whilst they did it.
Cheers John. I’m tempted to buy one of these service plans, but the T&Cs are a little bit ambiguous about what’s included in the price. I’ve swapped a couple of emails this morning with the online service team, but even they seem to be unsure about whether the plan provides essential items only, or essential items plus recommended items (ie fuel filter, air filter, and brake fluid, all of which are recommended for my next service).

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Cheers John. I’m tempted to buy one of these service plans, but the T&Cs are a little bit ambiguous about what’s included in the price. I’ve swapped a couple of emails this morning with the online service team, but even they seem to be unsure about whether the plan provides essential items only, or essential items plus recommended items (ie fuel filter, air filter, and brake fluid, all of which are recommended for my next service).
No worries. With mine everything was included, including items you've mentioned. Hopefully nothing has changed...

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I’ve swapped a couple of emails this morning with the online service team, but even they seem to be unsure about whether the plan provides essential items only, or essential items plus recommended items (ie fuel filter, air filter, and brake fluid, all of which are recommended for my next service).
It clearly states in black and white that all these things are included in the Service Care, so there can be no ambiguity. :)

micky.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Line Coupe 2015
It clearly states in black and white that all these things are included in the Service Care, so there can be no ambiguity. :)
Ron, I’m sure you’re right. But I’m not 100% sure. Para 3 slightly contradicts Para 1, because it commits MB only to carrying out routine work, not additional work. I’m very tempted to buy a plan using this discount code, but I think I’ll wait til someone a from MB has clarified this first.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Normally if anything is not clear I feel exactly the same as you micky and seek clarification, but I have no problems in this case.
This is copied from the terms of the Service Care.
I have highlighted in red the important points relevant to this discussion.
Print off your own full 4 page copy if it is not supplied to you when taking out the plan.
It is cast iron! :)

1. GENERAL AND DEFINITIONS

The Customer is entitled to Routine Services specified in the Vehicle Schedule

on the following conditions.

In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:-

(a) "Official Workshop" means the service workshop of any Mercedes-Benz

Passenger Cars Retailer;

(b) "Vehicle" means the motor vehicle operated by the Customer specified in

any schedule ("Vehicle Schedule") expressed to be supplemental to this

Agreement;

(c) "Routine Service" means the performance of consecutive service tasks

carried out in relation to the Vehicle in the United Kingdom recommended

in the Mercedes-Benz Passenger Cars Handbook applicable to the Vehicle,

including the supply of all lubricants and other materials required for such

tasks. More specifically, this shall include:-

(i) all service tasks as fully specified within the Electronic Service

Sheet as published to the Official Workshop, at the website

www.servicemercedes.co.uk and carried out according to the

applicable MBUK technical publications.

(ii) The measurement of the wear on all wear items such as brake

pads/discs and the recording of the percentage of wear;

(iii) Engine oil, oil filter, sump plug washer, screen wash additive, key

fob battery, combination filter, brake fluid, air filter, spark plugs, fuel

filter, automatic transmission oil filter, gasket, seal and fluid.

Last edited:
OP
P

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Ron, I’m sure you’re right. But I’m not 100% sure. Para 3 slightly contradicts Para 1, because it commits MB only to carrying out routine work, not additional work. I’m very tempted to buy a plan using this discount code, but I think I’ll wait til someone a from MB has clarified this first.
I was as unsure as you when I took out a plan 3 years ago. I got through to the personnel at MB who deal with the claims under the plan from MB dealers and they reassured me. No doubt MB dealers will try and flog you other stuff, but I always make it clear when the car is taken in that I am only interested in the service.

micky.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Line Coupe 2015
I was as unsure as you when I took out a plan 3 years ago. I got through to the personnel at MB who deal with the claims under the plan from MB dealers and they reassured me. No doubt MB dealers will try and flog you other stuff, but I always make it clear when the car is taken in that I am only interested in the service.
Hi Peter. I called in at Marshalls in Preston this morning. The lady I spoke with confirmed that essential items and recommended items are definitely both covered. She knew about the 20% discount offer, and said she had never known an offer as good as this. She suggested that as the prices are so good, buying three years worth of service might be better idea, as they will issue refunds for any services not carried out if I sell the car. So that all sounds great, and I’ll definitely buy some time next week. Thanks very much for the excellent tip.

OP
P

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Peter. I called in at Marshalls in Preston this morning. The lady I spoke with confirmed that essential items and recommended items are definitely both covered. She knew about the 20% discount offer, and said she had never known an offer as good as this. She suggested that as the prices are so good, buying three years worth of service might be better idea, as they will issue refunds for any services not carried out if I sell the car. So that all sounds great, and I’ll definitely buy some time next week. Thanks very much for the excellent tip.
Just be a bit careful about this refund thing micky. The first service in my ownership on the CL was going to be £1500 ish. The 3 year service plan itself was £1500 so if I had sold after the first service there would have been no refund. Something you have to balance out.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just be a bit careful about this refund thing micky. The first service in my ownership on the CL was going to be £1500 ish. The 3 year service plan itself was £1500 so if I had sold after the first service there would have been no refund. Something you have to balance out.
This is a good point, and one that I had already thought about.
It depends on which service(s) you have already received and what price Mercedes rate them at compared with the price of your plan. If you are paying monthly it might be possible under certain circumstances that you end up actually owing Mercedes money.
Also not forgetting that there is an administration charge for early termination at the current price of £48.

None of the above worries me though because I intend to pay upfront for 2 services and it will be substantially cheaper than paying on the day.

Last edited:
OP
P

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is a good point, and one that I had already thought about.
It depends on which service(s) you have already received and what price Mercedes rate them at compared with the price of your plan. If you are paying monthly it might be possible under certain circumstances that you end up actually owing Mercedes money.
Also not forgetting that there is an administration charge for early termination at the current price of £48.

None of the above worries me though because I intend to pay upfront for 2 services and it will be substantially cheaper than paying on the day.
Also of course the 20% discount only applies if you pay for the whole plan upfront.

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 C250 BluTec Estate 2014
I may be buying a 6 year old C Class and they have shown a discount rate of £1094 for three years. As it is a B-A-B service this doesn't seem too bad. I'll have to do number crunching now I'm home. The problem comes on additional work at their prices.

micky.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Line Coupe 2015
Are you obliged by the T&Cs of the service plan to only have your additional work carried out by MB? Say if they spot during your service that you need a new set of brakes, or an exhaust - surely getting them done elsewhere remains an option?

OP
P

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Are you obliged by the T&Cs of the service plan to only have your additional work carried out by MB? Say if they spot during your service that you need a new set of brakes, or an exhaust - surely getting them done elsewhere remains an option?
It seems unclear under the terms and conditions. Under Customer Obligations 4d the dealer appears to be able to fit parts at it's discretion for safety and the customer has to pay. This was tried on me once when the dealer wanted to charge me £2300 to replace the front discs and pads - all I had to do was to sign a disclaimer.(I got the work done subsequently £500 cheaper) I doubt whether a dealer could get away with fitting parts without authority and expecting the customer to pay, but be prepared to stand your ground.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Does anyone know what level of service you get with the service plan? Is it just the Routine Maintenance items, as shown on the service website, or does it include the recommended Additional Items too?

Should include everything

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom