20% Discount on MB Service plans

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I may be buying a 6 year old C Class and they have shown a discount rate of £1094 for three years. As it is a B-A-B service this doesn't seem too bad. I'll have to do number crunching now I'm home. The problem comes on additional work at their prices.
you get most value with B-A-B so looks decent....

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
More specifically, this shall include:-

(i) all service tasks as fully specified within the Electronic Service

Sheet as published to the Official Workshop, at the website

www.servicemercedes.co.uk ......

It should be clearer cut these days with cars being on fixed interval servicing but mine is on variable service intervals and the ESS often missed items out - apparently this is common if the mileage if much higher or lower than would be typical vs age.

I used to have a battle every time I went in as ESS would hardly show any work and apparently it's difficult for the dealer as MB only pay them based on what the ESS says.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
you get most value with B-A-B so looks decent....
Can you buy it but then postpone it?
I already have a “free” service for mine next June in Norwich but it’s be useful to grab the discount while I can.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
It should be clearer cut these days with cars being on fixed interval servicing but mine is on variable service intervals and the ESS often missed items out - apparently this is common if the mileage if much higher or lower than would be typical vs age.

I used to have a battle every time I went in as ESS would hardly show any work and apparently it's difficult for the dealer as MB only pay them based on what the ESS says.
Surely though if you didn't have a service plan and were paying on the day then only the same work would get done?
I can understand your frustration if extra work would be deemed necessary if not on a service plan.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Can you buy it but then postpone it?
I already have a “free” service for mine next June in Norwich but it’s be useful to grab the discount while I can.
I don't know on that Stuart, sorry.....

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Surely though if you didn't have a service plan and were paying on the day then only the same work would get done?
I can understand your frustration if extra work would be deemed necessary if not on a service plan.

The scheme used to be called ServicePlus and it covered service and maintenance until the car was 6yrs old but it wasn't widely known about or promoted by MB - it was really aimed at fleets.

What happened (and several other members have told the same story) is you take the car in and the Service Advisor reels off a great list of work that the car "needs" to be done. Then they'd ask how you'd be paying and you'd say "ServicePlus" and they'd visibly slump! When you picked the car you'd find that none of that work was required - "turned out the car only need and oil and filter change, sir".

You'd get odd things too - they changed the fuel filter two services on the run but never changed the air filter etc. Brake fuild was always tricky - that never seemed to come up.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Brake fuild was always tricky - that never seemed to come up.
At least they cant wriggle out of that now if you have Service Care.
Speaking of brake fluid do you happen to know how much Mercedes would charge for this if paying for it as an additional item on top of a service?

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Finally managed to buy my Service Care plan.
It took a bit of effort but eventually my registration number was recognised and I was able to buy the plan online - £576 for 2 services discounted from £720.
Will be 11 months before my first service is due but at least I wont need to bother about paying for it on the day, and this upfront payment will just be a distant memory. :D

micky.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Line Coupe 2015
Finally managed to buy my Service Care plan.
It took a bit of effort but eventually my registration number was recognised and I was able to buy the plan online - £576 for 2 services discounted from £720.
Will be 11 months before my first service is due but at least I wont need to bother about paying for it on the day, and this upfront payment will just be a distant memory. :D
I bought mine last week, three years for £1200. I only bought the car a few weeks ago, and the private dealer serviced and MOTd it, so like you, I’ve booked my service for some time off - start of December. The only thing is, according to MB, right now my car is due a B service plus brake fluid, air filter and fuel filter. The service centre told me that under the service plan, they will carry out whatever work is due to be done on that date, with whatever mileage is showing on the car when they work on it. She said they won’t ‘catch up’ with previously missed services. So I’m slightly nervous about what works will be carried out, but I will be hoping they complete all of the above.

OP
P

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I bought mine last week, three years for £1200. I only bought the car a few weeks ago, and the private dealer serviced and MOTd it, so like you, I’ve booked my service for some time off - start of December. The only thing is, according to MB, right now my car is due a B service plus brake fluid, air filter and fuel filter. The service centre told me that under the service plan, they will carry out whatever work is due to be done on that date, with whatever mileage is showing on the car when they work on it. She said they won’t ‘catch up’ with previously missed services. So I’m slightly nervous about what works will be carried out, but I will be hoping they complete all of the above.

Understandable to some extent. A neglected car (not saying yours is!) may need an awful lot of catching up on. I suppose it depends on what the private dealer did as a service and what MB propose doing on the first service. Worth enquiring I would have thought to put your mind at rest.

micky.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 AMG Line Coupe 2015
Understandable to some extent. A neglected car (not saying yours is!) may need an awful lot of catching up on. I suppose it depends on what the private dealer did as a service and what MB propose doing on the first service. Worth enquiring I would have thought to put your mind at rest.
I did specifically ask if they could tell me when the due service would change. She couldn’t tell me, and said it’s mainly down to the mileage when the car comes in. So I’ve booked the service that’s due right now, to be done in December. I think I’ll be in a position to insist they provide the services I’ve ordered, but I think it’s just a case of wait and see. I must admit I’m tempted to put the car in for service straight away, because I’m not totally sure I trust that the people I bought the car from did much more than an oil change, but I’ve only done 400 miles so far and it seems crazy to have another service done just yet.

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 C250 BluTec Estate 2014
I was about to do the three service deal as I'm B A B, but the fine print said I had to wait three months for the first service. This means that the Mobilo would expire. Mercedes South West are trying to talk me into their plan but is £450 pounds more. They would do the B service in September however.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was about to do the three service deal as I'm B A B, but the fine print said I had to wait three months for the first service. This means that the Mobilo would expire. Mercedes South West are trying to talk me into their plan but is £450 pounds more. They would do the B service in September however.
I did not notice that in the terms and conditions, but wasn't looking for it with my service being 11 months away.
With a B A B schedule you will be getting the maximum benefit from the plan, so is it a big deal to lose 1 month breakdown cover?
I am assuming it would be reinstated when having your first service in October as part of the Service Care plan?

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was unaware that reinstatement was possible. I assumed once you were out you were out.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was unaware that reinstatement was possible. I assumed once you were out you were out.
I believe it is a benefit of the plan that when receiving a service you automatically have a years free breakdown cover.
I am willing to be proved wrong though?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I believe it is a benefit of the plan that when receiving a service you automatically have a years free breakdown cover.
I am willing to be proved wrong though?
Automatically reinstated for a year when you have a service done by a Mercedes dealer.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Service intervals, warranty and mobilo were all extended by 180days early on in the COVID-19 crisis. So I'm not getting my first service under the service plan done for another 76 days.

There was an email and letter issued by MB months ago.

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Automatically reinstated for a year when you have a service done by a Mercedes dealer.
I have just got off the phone from customer support and you are correct.
He also thought that if lockdown doesn’t apply and you’re allowed to get the car serviced then the extension to Mobilo doesn’t apply.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes seem to be really pushing this offer. I have been getting about one e-mail a week for a while now...and this is despite me taking up the offer at end of July. :D
It ends on 30th September, so if you're still thinking about it you better hurry up.

Top Bottom