Any F1 fans

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
WOW.....now that was a masterclass in wet driving! :cool:
1.2 seconds!! :shock:
I have a long running disagreement with my best friend because basically he just doesn't like Hamilton....but even he couldn't make any excuses for that performance. :D
Weather like that levels the playing field and driver talent rises to the top.
It is expected to be a dry race tomorrow, but I am not sure about the rule where cars must start on tyres that they set their time in Q2. I know that if the opposite happens(ie. dry quali then wet race) they are allowed to change tyres, but does this mean everybody will be starting on full wets?

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
WOW.....now that was a masterclass in wet driving! :cool:
1.2 seconds!! :shock:
I have a long running disagreement with my best friend because basically he just doesn't like Hamilton....but even he couldn't make any excuses for that performance. :D
Weather like that levels the playing field and driver talent rises to the top.
It is expected to be a dry race tomorrow, but I am not sure about the rule where cars must start on tyres that they set their time in Q2. I know that if the opposite happens(ie. dry quali then wet race) they are allowed to change tyres, but does this mean everybody will be starting on full wets?
Yes. In that weather the car is hardly a factor unless it’s really bad.
It’s all about the driver!

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

All drivers can choose which tyre to start on tomorrow as it was wet qualifying.
Superb drive from LH today.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Fine, but as I understand it there is quite a difference between a wet set-up on the car and a dry one, and the cars are now in park ferme, so can the teams change the setup overnight or do they have to start on dry tyres with a wet set-up?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Fine, but as I understand it there is quite a difference between a wet set-up on the car and a dry one, and the cars are now in park ferme, so can the teams change the setup overnight or do they have to start on dry tyres with a wet set-up?

That I don't know:D
I just heard the commentator inform viewers after qualifying that the drivers were free to choose which tyres to start the race on. No mention of car set ups.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

I think they have to as they are very different set ups

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I think they have to as they are very different set ups

They would have to, that would be a serious safety issue otherwise :(

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Should be another good race, and one would expect Hamilton to scarper off into the distance just like Bottas did last week....although safety cars will likely come into play again.
Just like last week I will need to avoid this thread from official start time until after 8pm tonight. ;)

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Just watching the Porsche supercup support race on Eurosport, track is dry and weather looks OK.

Regarding wet/dry setup, there's a matching thread to this on t'other side, one regular poster there, Mactech, is a former race engineer and very knowledgeable, his comments about my question make interesting reading, basically saying the biggest factor in wet/dry is driver skill not car setup. Well worth a read.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I doubt Bottas got much sleep last night being 1.4 seconds down on your team mate is very painful. I’ve watched Hamilton develop over the years and getting to the top is not easy but staying there is the story of legends good to see that he still has the desire and skill required to put in a performance like that

Last edited:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just a walk in the park for Lewis. :)
Absolutely brilliant by Lando Norris yet again!!
Not much to say about Ferrari other than a surprising and refreshing level of humility from Leclerc.
I'm wondering if Ch.4 will get 2 live races from Silverstone this year or just the 1?

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
Not much to say about Ferrari other than a surprising and refreshing level of humility from Leclerc.
I'm wondering if Ch.4 will get 2 live races from Silverstone this year or just the 1?
Bet McLaren didn't expect to be second in the constructors and third in the drivers championships after 2 races:cool:

Wonder if Ferrari are re-thinking Sainz as their choice from McLaren...

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208

Just the one live race on channel 4 this year the other will be highlights afaik.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
So apparently Vettel has an offer to drive for RP which will be Aston Martin next year which means Perez will get the boot so could he go to HAAS to replace Grosjean or Alfa if Kimi retires

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes I read this yesterday and it would be a shame if Perez got the boot because he is undoubtedly the best driver in the team.
I like Perez and have done since he first came into F1, he is not afraid to have a go like he demonstrated with Sauber and McLaren, although it seemed like McLaren never gave him a fair crack of the whip.
Lets face it Grosjean needs replacing at Haas :D but any move for Perez is likely to be a backward step to where he is at the moment.
Only time will tell.......

Last edited:
Top Bottom