Nearly bought an Electric car

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
when you gonna buy me one ? haha..
I agree far to expensive... im not sure the tesla build quality is all that great..
It really isn’t!!!

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A free parking in the undercroft of our office building for electric cars (and top management o_O), prompted me to look at a latest Smart as a company car - strictly for the 30-mile a day round trip to the office ... if we ever go back to full time office-based that is (I hope not) :rolleyes:

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
im not sure the tesla build quality is all that great..

I can assure you that it isn't. The owner of Big Fish Tuning has one and is bitterly disappointed with how it's put together. He likes the acceleration side of it but, as he rightly says, there's a lot more to it than that.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
The owner of a recently bought Tesla had this to say when comparing the acceleration to his recently sold modified CLS63 Biturbo.

"The low speed acceleration novelty hasn’t worn off just yet, but it’s fair to say that compared to the CLS the acceleration at motorway speeds whilst good, is for me a tad underwhelming, it’s still very quick, but not what I was used to."

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol
V8 Petrol all day long.

Did I share my view clearly enough?:geek:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Bit on the fence really!
Now if I could just squeeze in the 157 into the i8 somehow ...

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
As I dislike everything outside of what I sometimes see from my windscreen I would like,
peace,
total insulation from the road and its bumps,
no smells and preferably no other cars in my way.

Or is that just a series of unrealistic excuses to not spend the money ?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
As I dislike everything outside of what I sometimes see from my windscreen I would like,
peace,
total insulation from the road and its bumps,
no smells and preferably no other cars in my way.

Or is that just a series of unrealistic excuses to not spend the money ?
I see an S500 in your future :cool:

OP
daveenty

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
I’m now with Avro Energy on their Vulcan plan (honestly!)

Just done this today :)

I received an email telling me that I could save over £330/year without a penalty for switching, so happy days.

The money saved will pay for the insurance on the Lexus which I've just renewed and I'll put a bit towards the tax which has also just been done. So another 12 months with it probably.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

I received an email telling me that I could save over £330/year without a penalty for switching, so happy days.

The money saved will pay for the insurance on the Lexus which I've just renewed and I'll put a bit towards the tax which has also just been done. So another 12 months with it probably.
I moved to Avro, saving £600 ish- only ‘slight’ issue ( I pay monthly DD), is they take the first payment 2 weeks before the switch, still I suppose that gives them some payment comfort

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I’m now with Avro Energy on their Vulcan plan (honestly!)

I use Shell, get 3% discount on 60L of diesel a month and they are cheaper for me

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Someone in our road has a Nissan Leaf, not the prettiest looking car.

I'm always changing utility companies too, right now we are with Bulb and when you refer someone you get £50 and so do they. I think so far I've referred 3ppl so that was handy. I think we could save a small amount by changing but as we have a smart meter I'm not confident that it will work with a different provider, even though it's one of the newer ones.

I'm always changing bank accounts too when they have a good switch offer on, although I am running out of banks to switch to now :p

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Someone in our road has a Nissan Leaf, not the prettiest looking car.

I'm always changing utility companies too, right now we are with Bulb and when you refer someone you get £50 and so do they. I think so far I've referred 3ppl so that was handy. I think we could save a small amount by changing but as we have a smart meter I'm not confident that it will work with a different provider, even though it's one of the newer ones.

I'm always changing bank accounts too when they have a good switch offer on, although I am running out of banks to switch to now :p

I have the same bank account that I opened as a 16 year old and that was a few years ago !! :rolleyes:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

For us, £300/yr which is about exactly 25%.

My only issue is no decent feed- in tariffs really now.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The barmy system where we all juggle dozens of suppliers to pay for the same stuff down the same conduits still annoys me.
The price of a competitive market... what really grips my sh** is that the old water boards, rebranded and privatised, still hold monopoly AND are region- fixed as we have no national water grid.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The price of a competitive market... what really grips my sh** is that the old water boards, rebranded and privatised, still hold monopoly AND are region- fixed as we have no national water grid.

A national grid would be a good infrastructure investment.

Climate patterns for years show the SE to be getting low rainfall us peasants in the north could sell some water :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom