C63 AMG W204 B Service Question

Aliray79

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C63 AMG Coupe
Apologies if this has been covered in previous posts but I was looking to supply my own oil, oil / air filters, brake fluid, lsd oil and charcoal filters for an upcoming B service as I've been quoted just under £1k by Sandown Mercedes Guildford and that seems OTT. Anyone have any recommendations as to where the best place is to buy these parts / oil and what type for each. Have seen numerous discussions on 0W40 vs 5W40 so any experiences here appreciated. Cheers

OP
A

Aliray79

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C63 AMG Coupe
Many thanks guys, that's helpful and will get in touch

Peter Jenks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG C63 W205 Estate
Apologies if this has been covered in previous posts but I was looking to supply my own oil, oil / air filters, brake fluid, lsd oil and charcoal filters for an upcoming B service as I've been quoted just under £1k by Sandown Mercedes Guildford and that seems OTT. Anyone have any recommendations as to where the best place is to buy these parts / oil and what type for each. Have seen numerous discussions on 0W40 vs 5W40 so any experiences here appreciated. Cheers

I bought my C63 Estate from Sandown Salisbury. I bought a service plan from Mercedes, it costs £45.99 a month including VAT. So that is £551 a year. I do not see how they can quote £1000 (inc VAT??) for a B Service. I'd ask them to detail the quotation: Sandown Salisbury will always do this, and stick to it. Or contact Martyn Lewis at Salisbury and ask for a quote, and assuming it is sensible, wave it at the Guildford bunch.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I bought my C63 Estate from Sandown Salisbury. I bought a service plan from Mercedes, it costs £45.99 a month including VAT. So that is £551 a year. I do not see how they can quote £1000 (inc VAT??) for a B Service. I'd ask them to detail the quotation: Sandown Salisbury will always do this, and stick to it. Or contact Martyn Lewis at Salisbury and ask for a quote, and assuming it is sensible, wave it at the Guildford bunch.

I agree that £1k is expensive for a B service if the OP is providing the oil/lsd oil/all filters and brake fluid. But a B service on an AMG can easily be above £1k when mileage and time related parts have to be changed (eg plugs, ATF etc)

Putting the car details into the Mercedes ESS will give a good idea on what is required.
https://lite.servicemercedes.co.uk/

As the original post was in Sept, I assume the service has now been done and the OP has come back to say what transpired, so maybe we'll never know.

Top Bottom