Navigator SD card C class 2018 reg68

rob_london

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220 CDI AMG Estate 2018
Hi everyone,
I just bought a second hand mercedes c220 2018 reg68.
I am trying to find a navigator SD card to purchase. I am having difficulties finding one for my model.
Could you please help? or send a link?
Does it have to be an official mercedes sd card?
Any tips?

Thank you very much for your help,
Robert

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Ask comandonline @Alfie

I thought you were supposed to get the first 3 years free

Mike Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 C200 Estate AMG line plus
Did it have navigation when purchased new by previous owner?
If not then you need to find out if it is navigation ready and if so then it will be about £400 for the first card from Mercedes.
If it was activated and the card has been lost then you can buy cheap update cards from E**y that will work but only have navigation or you can buy from your Mercedes dealer with 3 years live traffic for £99.

OP
R

rob_london

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220 CDI AMG Estate 2018
Thank you very much Mike,
Is there any way I can check if my car is navigation ready without going to the dealership?
Thanks again

Mike Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You could try a vin decoder or phone Mercedes customer service.

OP
R

rob_london

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220 CDI AMG Estate 2018
Thanks guys!
My cars is navigation ready so I got a cheap card of E**y as suggested.
A few more questions, if you guys don't mind:
Are there any drawbacks using a card not bought from a Mercedes dealership? Is it safe to use a card bought on Ebay? Does it affect warranty? Does it have less features?
Thanks everyone!

Mike Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is safe to use, the only thing missing would be the live traffic.
Download the Mercedes updater if you have a Windows computer as there could be updates available that are free for the first 60 days of using the card.
Once inserted in to the car it will ask for conformation that it is the car you intended as it is then locked to that car and not transferable.

OP
R

rob_london

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220 CDI AMG Estate 2018
I have bought a card on ebay.

Without the card, the navigation screen says: "Please install compatible navigation software from SD card or consult your Mercedes-Benz dealer for system software updates. Version 16/26.00".
When I insert the card into the slot, the screen still says: "Please install compatible navigation software from SD card or consult your Mercedes-Benz dealer for system software updates. Version 16/26.00". No reaction.

Has anyone had the same issue? How do I solve it? Is there a specific procedure I need to follow to get the card installed?

Thanks

Mike Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You need to make sure you have the right card.
They changed the software in August 2017 and they are not compatible with the other system.
Check your build date, mine was registered in July2017 but was built in Nov 2016.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I have bought a card on ebay.

Without the card, the navigation screen says: "Please install compatible navigation software from SD card or consult your Mercedes-Benz dealer for system software updates. Version 16/26.00".
When I insert the card into the slot, the screen still says: "Please install compatible navigation software from SD card or consult your Mercedes-Benz dealer for system software updates. Version 16/26.00". No reaction.

Has anyone had the same issue? How do I solve it? Is there a specific procedure I need to follow to get the card installed?

Thanks
I bought a SLC250d 2016 six months ago, with a MB sat nav but no SD card. They couldn't fined the SD card at the time but posted it to me a couple of days later. It was the wrong one registered to another car, so they then sent me a new unregistered SD card which worked. Just wondering how original your eBay SD card is?

OP
R

rob_london

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220 CDI AMG Estate 2018
The ebay seller is very nice, he realised it was the incorrect card and is sending me another one.

He's just asking me for the card part number, which I have no idea how to find. If, again, someone could point me in the right direction? Mercedes C220 AMG 2018 REG68, it has a widescreen and no touchpad.

I really really appreciate you guys helping me!!! thank you!

DannyC

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C-Class 2018 (68plate)
Hi,

I am having the same trouble as @rob_london.. recently bought a 2018 68 plate c class with the new wide screen no touchpad. I have spoken to Mercedes and they told me if the car never had one then I need an activation card which is £633 or if it did have a card then I can get the update card at £102 but they cannot tell me if the car ever had one.

I have tried loads of Vin coder website and my VIN does not come up (apparently too new). Is there any other way of finding out if the car ever had the SD card?

rich b123

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c lass / 2018 / 220 diesel
Hi,

I am having the same trouble as @rob_london.. recently bought a 2018 68 plate c class with the new wide screen no touchpad. I have spoken to Mercedes and they told me if the car never had one then I need an activation card which is £633 or if it did have a card then I can get the update card at £102 but they cannot tell me if the car ever had one.

I have tried loads of Vin coder website and my VIN does not come up (apparently too new). Is there any other way of finding out if the car ever had the SD card?
Hi, did you manage to get a card. Have a 68 reg without touchpad and finding it difficult to source a card . Thanks

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom