Sat Nav will not accept that the CD is in.

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 Estate 2011, 2009 SLK 200
2006 SLK 200. I took out the DVD from the Sat Nav out of the player in the boot and when I put it back in the Sat Nav will not work and says that the DVD is not the player, see photos. Any ideas how to fix this?
Everything else works on the in car player.

CIMG3274.JPG CIMG3273.JPG
CIMG3274.JPG

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Does the dvd look genuine ?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I've got the same sort of problem, except mine is the DVD not being grabbed to go into the slot.

You haven't got the DVD upside down ? Sorry, had to ask :oops:

MJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'09 S211 E220 Cdi manual - 216k miles and counting
Not sure if this is going to work for you, but I have found a semi-reliable workaround for the same problem on my car's Audio 20 CD player. The root problem is the grabbing/loading mechanism is failing, and there appears to be a very narrow timing window for the player to grab, load and read the CD successfully.

In my case, when the CD has loaded (physically) but getting the 'read error/disc not loaded' error:
1) Eject the CD/DVD, but do not try to remove it from the player - let the eject finish and the disc stop half out of the slot.
2) Now, quickly pull the CD out a couple of centimetres (as if, but not actually removing it) and immediately push it back in again. You are removing it just enough for the sensor to know the disc has been physically removed, but not enough to lose grip of the rubber rollers that load and eject the disc.
3) This should allow the disc to load, read and be recognised as valid.

As an aside, I removed the head unit completely and physically dismantled it to see if I could fix the failing load rollers. Short answer is no, it is so hard to get at the roller mechanism itself, even after removing the PCBs, various sub-assemblies and the CD drive itself.

Martin.

OP
J

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not sure if this is going to work for you, but I have found a semi-reliable workaround for the same problem on my car's Audio 20 CD player. The root problem is the grabbing/loading mechanism is failing, and there appears to be a very narrow timing window for the player to grab, load and read the CD successfully.

In my case, when the CD has loaded (physically) but getting the 'read error/disc not loaded' error:
1) Eject the CD/DVD, but do not try to remove it from the player - let the eject finish and the disc stop half out of the slot.
2) Now, quickly pull the CD out a couple of centimetres (as if, but not actually removing it) and immediately push it back in again. You are removing it just enough for the sensor to know the disc has been physically removed, but not enough to lose grip of the rubber rollers that load and eject the disc.
3) This should allow the disc to load, read and be recognised as valid.

As an aside, I removed the head unit completely and physically dismantled it to see if I could fix the failing load rollers. Short answer is no, it is so hard to get at the roller mechanism itself, even after removing the PCBs, various sub-assemblies and the CD drive itself.

Martin.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will look at that,
Brian

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
2006 SLK 200. I took out the DVD from the Sat Nav out of the player in the boot and when I put it back in the Sat Nav will not work and says that the DVD is not the player, see photos. Any ideas how to fix this?
Everything else works on the in car player.

View attachment 62784

Fake discs of the wrong flavour will not read.... Fake discs of certain material reflectivity will not read

there's more than one std Merc use the rarer one... I forget which but the opposite from the one that doesn't work either DVD -R or DVD +R

On my fathers car it would NOT eject the disc. So I thought well, there must be no disc in there.... And logic would be, it must know not to load another in a single disc nav device.... That is a bad assumption. It greedily ate another made some shocking noises and stopped. I had to dissemble the flipping thing and extract a nasty mess of two trashed discs... The state of play where the laser mechanism took out the read surface you would think meant it could never function again…. but it does and now happily ejects and swallows discs and works for good measure

OP
J

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fake discs of the wrong flavour will not read.... Fake discs of certain material reflectivity will not read

there's more than one std Merc use the rarer one... I forget which but the opposite from the one that doesn't work either DVD -R or DVD +R

On my fathers car it would NOT eject the disc. So I thought well, there must be no disc in there.... And logic would be, it must know not to load another in a single disc nav device.... That is a bad assumption. It greedily ate another made some shocking noises and stopped. I had to dissemble the flipping thing and extract a nasty mess of two trashed discs... The state of play where the laser mechanism took out the read surface you would think meant it could never function again…. but it does and now happily ejects and swallows discs and works for good measure

As I said earlier this is a genuine MB disc that did work until I took it out and put it back in.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Power cycle the navigation drive completely.

OP
J

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
Get similar problem with my 05 CLK, remove disc clean it with micro cloth. It usually works in my case.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Thank you for the reply and this means?

Its a free masons handshake , meaning unplug power from the dvd drive in the boot and reconnect after a few mins.

OP
J

John77

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK thanks I will try these

Top Bottom