Compare the Con.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Compare the Market have been exposed for their market rigging exploits in the home insurance market.

It would be an act of naivety to think similar tactics are not in play in other Insurance Markets.

The rigging of price comparison sites, like review sites, is endemic.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Compare the Market have been exposed for their market rigging exploits in the home insurance market.

It would be an act of naivety to think similar tactics are not in play in other Insurance Markets.

The rigging of price comparison sites, like review sites, is endemic.

Not compare the market but Moneysupermarket informed me that my RFL on the car was due for renewal earlier in the week. How on earth did they know and what benefit would it be to them !! :confused:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
And what else have they ""collected" about you..

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
It’s a scary thought. One journalist requested from Google his metadata file, as he classes himself as a “light” user- a few web searches a day etc.

His Google metadata ran to over 40GB.

Facebook have account profiles for people who aren’t even registered. Anyone in a photo, anyone mentioned in posts or messenger conversations that can be contextualised, FB sets an account profile up on them and begins collecting data.

Insidious ain’t the word.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

I did renew my car insurance through them however RFL wouldn't enter the discussion plus it wasn't done with them but Tesco Insurance. One would hope that Tesco have a non disclosure policy. Even my own personal details would only be known by the insurer and not Moneysupermarket, curious. And here we are providing information to MB Owner plus all and sundry :rolleyes:

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
they're (almost) all rogues. Many years ago I did the ring around over car insurance. One company asked when my house contents insurance was due my answer was ''lets just do a car insurance quote''. She replied by saying that she couldn't do a car quote without giving me a household quote! o_O
I gave her the option of just a car quote or nothing at all .... I just got a car quote. :rolleyes:;)

grahamcol

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 SLK230, 2007 CLK220 CDI
My "favourite" subject again. Insurers need proper regulation to curb their business practices. Robbers all of them!

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
It’s a scary thought. One journalist requested from Google his metadata file, as he classes himself as a “light” user- a few web searches a day etc.

His Google metadata ran to over 40GB.

Facebook have account profiles for people who aren’t even registered. Anyone in a photo, anyone mentioned in posts or messenger conversations that can be contextualised, FB sets an account profile up on them and begins collecting data.

Insidious ain’t the word.

Facebook screwed up my account 3 yr ago
. I won't upload photo ID for them or any of the other private stuff they ask so seems that's a done thing now. But I bet you can still see find account. Big mistake that was.

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
Giving an opinion when not in possession of all the facts is a dangerous exercise - but here goes.
From what I understand, CTM have simply agreed with the insurer that if they give a quote, the insurer will not undercut that quote elsewhere. Surely the whole point of a "cost comparison site" is that it should give you the best prices to compare. If the price on the "cost comparison site" is not the "best price", it rather defeats the object of them

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Not compare the market but Moneysupermarket informed me that my RFL on the car was due for renewal earlier in the week. How on earth did they know and what benefit would it be to them !! :confused:
They did the same to me. I’ve just checked my account with MoneySuperMarket and the last quote they did for me (which I didn’t take up) shows my reg number and I assume I provided that as part of the quote process.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I subscribe to the opinion that the majority of insurers are just "bookies" - and fairly unethical ones too. It's interesting to read this thread because I just moved our two cars and the home insurance via Go Compare. Currently, I'm happy with them because they saved me a decent wa££op.

I realise the insurers will set out to clobber me on renewal but that's par for the course now and I'll probably try the meerkats or one or two of the others to see what deals I can get at that time.

I regularly wipe cookies from my files and find it quite amusing that almost every website pops up a cookie notation that nearly always starts with "Your privacy is important to us" (by which I presume that means they don't like it because they haven't got enough information about you)!

But I don't know what anyone can do to restore privacy now - even if you legally change your name, your historic data would be bundled up with it!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom