Well! That's clever!

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I'm impressed!
Just noticed on the Mercedes Me app that it knows my car has a factory fit tow bar! ( Not that it's ever been used. I don't even know how it comes out. The dealer had to do it for me to check signs of use!)
Or is this lockdown just sending me do-lally?

0E04018F-FCE8-4074-86AE-6B44C7CC32E8.jpeg

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Assuming electricallt deployed tow bar the switch will likely be on the near side of the tail gate. Hold the switch for a couple of seconds & it should drop. I've to then physically engage mine but I've seen Merc towbar fully engage electrically too.

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 C250 BluTec Estate 2014
I wasn't going to bother with Mercedes Me renewal but I can't live without it now. It once erroneously told me the car was unlocked but I like being able to check tyre pressure before a long journey etc.
That is clever if the tow bar is shown though.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I wasn't going to bother with Mercedes Me renewal but I can't live without it now. It once erroneously told me the car was unlocked but I like being able to check tyre pressure before a long journey etc.
That is clever if the tow bar is shown though.
Can't you just use a tyre pressure gauge? ;)
I think my car would need a box of electrickery to use Merc Me buy I've managed for 40 yrs so far without :D
And the build sheet will tell you what it left the factory with ;)

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 C250 BluTec Estate 2014
Can't you just use a tyre pressure gauge? ;)
I think my car would need a box of electrickery to use Merc Me buy I've managed for 40 yrs so far without :D
And the build sheet will tell you what it left the factory with ;)

Of course, but its raining and cold outside and I'm having breakfast before a long trip, so who wouldn't take the easy route. We can manage easily without these things but how can one live without power windows and steering?

OP
s5tuart

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Assuming electricallt deployed tow bar the switch will likely be on the near side of the tail gate. Hold the switch for a couple of seconds & it should drop. I've to then physically engage mine but I've seen Merc towbar fully engage electrically too.
Allegedly it's a manual one! I think there's a little wheel thing in the boot that I have to turn but I don't tow anything so I haven't bothered to find out. It'll probably go to the scrap yard when it's time, with the tow bar still unused! :D

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
I love the fact that sat at the breakfast table I can check my cars charge status, turn on the cold or heat so that when I get to it it’s either lovely and cool in summer or delightfully toasty in Winter..... I would miss that if I didn’t have it

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate 2020 220d Prem Plus
Was that an option to pre-heat and cool? That is one thing I miss from my previous car.

MBDevotee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dreaming of a CL55k - one day maybe....
Yes, I can pre- heat ( inc steering wheel) or pre-chill from anywhere in the world (in the house is more common) but if I'm out in town and been shopping say, 5 min before getting back to car I can open the app and set temp.

No more frosty Windows

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not a MB then?

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I am really impressed by this Mercedes me app, it has a number of genuinely useful features that actually work!
I originally wasnt expecting much of it because my previous Audi app was quite frankly rubbish.
The tyre pressure feature is the one I use the most and I usually check it daily. It is just so handy because I am holding my phone anyway so all it takes is a couple of taps on the screen...and the reading it gives is surprisingly accurate compared with my trusted pencil gauge.

Stuart, there should be an update for your app because there was for mine and the festive winter theme is gone now.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I'm impressed!
Just noticed on the Mercedes Me app that it knows my car has a factory fit tow bar! ( Not that it's ever been used. I don't even know how it comes out. The dealer had to do it for me to check signs of use!)
Or is this lockdown just sending me do-lally?

View attachment 64646
I hadn’t noticed before but mine shows side-steps which were a factory fitted option on the car but mine were actually taken off by the dealer (at their expense) before I bought it. Snow has gone from my screen as well now but I am down south!

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I miss the complete record of all the trips made that were available on the Land Rover app

normal_Capture_2.jpg

OP
s5tuart

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I hadn’t noticed before but mine shows side-steps which were a factory fitted option on the car but mine were actually taken off by the dealer (at their expense) before I bought it. Snow has gone from my screen as well now but I am down south!
Yup! My snow has gone too! I thought it looked quite classy! :D

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Google timeline will show you that from your phone

Yes, but I could go back and look at every journey I had ever made, including the annual ones to the dealer! ;)

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom