Cant turn key because infrared on key snapped off

Nikki slade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320, 906 Sprinter
Hi everyone

I dropped my key and it broke apart and snapped the infrared sender off the front of the pcb :-( tried soldering it on and it was barely usable to put back on as the pins were gone, anyway i purchased some spare keys to swap the ir over from one of them and it still wont send a signal from the leds, ive gone over the board and cant see any other missing components soooooooo my question is, is there any way of disabling the drive authorization system so i can still drive my van still, I'm going to invest in a key programmer but I need to drive my van now as its a work van.

I have Star diagnostics kit so Im hoping I can disable something, but still learning this so dont want to change anything without some advise from you guys.

I found the key track system but dont know enough so i left lol

I'm hoping I can get a key programmer to just copy the keys information onto another which should solve the problem, but marrying keys up to ecu's is new to me also but a forced learning curve which I don't mind but need the van going now !!!

I would be greatful for any advise or tips on duplicating my key and any good cheap programmers.
Any advise on getting my van started without the infrared working, but have star :) ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I doubt you'll find anyone willing to discuss bypassing security on open forum.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
The 3 keys I've had made ,still needed a working key to copy from. Failing that its done I think via the vin , takes longer and costs more.

OP
Nikki slade

Nikki slade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320, 906 Sprinter
I doubt you'll find anyone willing to discuss bypassing security on open forum.
Maybe ! but only way I can see to learn mate and to be honest im desperate and cant get help cus of covid,

OP
Nikki slade

Nikki slade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320, 906 Sprinter
The 3 keys I've had made ,still needed a working key to copy from. Failing that its done I think via the vin , takes longer and costs more.
but my key works ! as in locks and unlocks and sets alarm but it just wont turn or start

OP
Nikki slade

Nikki slade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320, 906 Sprinter
and have you got the Start hardware and software ?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
and have you got the Start hardware and software ?

Pressing the open and close buttons barely corrosponds to a working key m8.

No , the locksmith did.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I think the potential of getting it wrong & locking up the whole security system is just too high trying to do it your self.
I would be speaking to our Key Forum Supporter.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Trip to the dealers buddy with your V5, passport and a DNA sample for good measure. Keys ordered from Germany programmed for the car. Makes sense or everyone would be programming keys galore and driving the next mans car.

Not as easy as you make it sound.

Pretty conservative on here when it comes to security.

OP
Nikki slade

Nikki slade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320, 906 Sprinter
Pressing the open and close buttons barely corrosponds to a working key m8.

No , the locksmith did.
I mean have you got the star diag
R03cfc5c1f29b0fc3286c973dec477030

OP
Nikki slade

Nikki slade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320, 906 Sprinter
Trip to the dealers buddy with your V5, passport and a DNA sample for good measure. Keys ordered from Germany programmed for the car. Makes sense or everyone would be programming keys galore and driving the next mans car.

Not as easy as you make it sound.

Pretty conservative on here when it comes to security.

I know mate :) but I want to learn as Ive opened a garage building sprinter motorhomes and the more knowlage the better and I only have mercedes cars and vans myself so never want to rely on mercedes for anything ! plus dont want to pay the robbing buggers almost £300 for a £3 key ! its just not right

OP
Nikki slade

Nikki slade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320, 906 Sprinter
I think the potential of getting it wrong & locking up the whole security system is just too high trying to do it your self.
I would be speaking to our Key Forum Supporter.
you are right but Ive always learned best after Ive ****ed things up lol and fixed them, so I'm prepared for that

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
but my key works ! as in locks and unlocks and sets alarm but it just wont turn or start
When you took it apart did you lose the chip that is read by the inductive loop in the ignition?
You don’t need the IR or RF in the key working to start the car as the car reads the chip in the key. (Assuming the chip is there...)

OP
Nikki slade

Nikki slade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320, 906 Sprinter
When you took it apart did you PSE the chip that is read by the inductive loop in the ignition?
You don’t need the IR or RF in the key working to start the car as the car reads the chip in the key. (Assuming the chip is there...)

What do you mean by PSE ? please so what function does the IR play

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom