Why shouldn't I buy this

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Buy it, they have even gone to the trouble of de-badging it for you :cool::cool::cool:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Just the colour combination really, mainly the black interior :( . BUT, great spec and I do love the CLS. :):cool: It took me over six months to find the Brilliant blue with Alpaca trim on mine. but well worth the wait :)

Last edited:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
It’s lovely , good step up in class .

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
No privacy glass , with the greenhouse effect that black leather interior will get hot .

Iridium silver is a bit boring .

Rob7seven

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 AMG C300
No privacy glass , with the greenhouse effect that black leather interior will get hot .

Iridium silver is a bit boring .

It's not an easy combination to avoid, I had my dealer searching new stock UK wide last July, even went through what was waiting dockside in Bremerhaven, to try to find a C300 AMG with a light coloured interior, and there just weren't any around, Mercedes must have been having shortages with lighter coloured leather. Also, mine not only has black leather, but it's also Iridium silver, not much choice in that area either, but at least I managed to avoid one of my most disliked features, "privacy" glass, really, I hate it.

About four years ago, we spent a couple of weeks touring the south of France in my then E250, very hot, but not uncomfortably so in the car. Premium plus, but the heat really was oppressive with the roof open, so we had to rely on the climate control, which coped admirably. The heat didn't half hit you when you got out of the car though.

Rob7seven

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 AMG C300
OK, so I'm a bit of a snob, but my main worry with that car would be the risk of having "Ssangyong" in small letters along the bottom of the number plates.

Apologies to any Ssangyong owners reading this.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
What has it not got?
No pan roof, no distronic or active lane assist, no airmatic, doesn’t have the larger screen for comand, not intelligent lighting just high beem assist, not dynamic seats just electric and heated.
Not a bad spec but lost if things I’d say would make it a cars I’d want to buy, oh and missing 2 cylinders too as @Blobcat said

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
No pan roof, no distronic or active lane assist, no airmatic, doesn’t have the larger screen for comand, not intelligent lighting just high beem assist, not dynamic seats just electric and heated.
Not a bad spec but lost if things I’d say would make it a cars I’d want to buy, oh and missing 2 cylinders too as @Blobcat said
That was @LostKiwi, I’m against silver and black ;)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It's not an easy combination to avoid, I had my dealer searching new stock UK wide last July, even went through what was waiting dockside in Bremerhaven, to try to find a C300 AMG with a light coloured interior, and there just weren't any around, Mercedes must have been having shortages with lighter coloured leather. Also, mine not only has black leather, but it's also Iridium silver, not much choice in that area either, but at least I managed to avoid one of my most disliked features, "privacy" glass, really, I hate it.

About four years ago, we spent a couple of weeks touring the south of France in my then E250, very hot, but not uncomfortably so in the car. Premium plus, but the heat really was oppressive with the roof open, so we had to rely on the climate control, which coped admirably. The heat didn't half hit you when you got out of the car though.
Mercedes only have issues finding other colour leather for the UK market :(

Rob7seven

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 AMG C300
Mercedes only have issues finding other colour leather for the UK market :(

MB have problems with UK market paint colours as well, my dealer told me that something like 50% of available new RHD C300s were black, another pet hate of mine. Iridium is just a bit boring, but there weren't many alternatives.

Top Bottom