Airmatic Adjustable Active Suspension Service items for W212?

BlueRubber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
Hi all,

I will be soon picking up this 2013 E350 that has Airmatic Adjustable Active Suspension:

Is there anything I need to do to service the system?
Or is there just the single small air filter under the car at the rear that should be replaced as per this video:

Thanks!

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
If your worried, just ask the seller (Jay at Mercland) to check things over and do a service on it.

OP
B

BlueRubber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
If your worried, just ask the seller (Jay at Mercland) to check things over and do a service on it.
I'm not worried as such.
It's just that I like to do my own servicing so am trying to find out what I need to keep the airmatic suspension in tip top condition.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm not worried as such.
It's just that I like to do my own servicing so am trying to find out what I need to keep the airmatic suspension in tip top condition.
Gotcha, I think it is as simple as you have found, the one thing I would say is to keep an eye on all the hoses/connections on the airmatic, any sign of a leak and get it fixed sooner rather than later, much cheeper than shelling out for a new pump

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
By the way, the seller as I say is Jay over at Mercland, really well respected Indy and seriously passionate about Mercedes, if you get chance to see any of his collection it’s well worth it, some fabulous bits of metal there.

OP
B

BlueRubber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
Gotcha, I think it is as simple as you have found, the one thing I would say is to keep an eye on all the hoses/connections on the airmatic, any sign of a leak and get it fixed sooner rather than later, much cheeper than shelling out for a new pump
Good tip, thank you :)
I can see in the cars history it already had a new pump about 20k ago so hope to keep that alive for a long time!

OP
B

BlueRubber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
By the way, the seller as I say is Jay over at Mercland, really well respected Indy and seriously passionate about Mercedes, if you get chance to see any of his collection it’s well worth it, some fabulous bits of metal there.
He was very busy when I visited, but if I go up there again I will try and check it out.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good tip, thank you :)
I can see in the cars history it already had a new pump about 20k ago so hope to keep that alive for a long time!
Yep should do, just keep an eye on things and you’ll be good

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
He was very busy when I visited, but if I go up there again I will try and check it out.
Yep he does get very busy, but that really just shows how respected he is, people travel a distance just because he is that passionate about customer service and the car being right. When he chooses the cars he’s buying it’s all about the history and provenance rather than how much he’ll make on it

OP
B

BlueRubber

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350
Yep he does get very busy, but that really just shows how respected he is, people travel a distance just because he is that passionate about customer service and the car being right. When he chooses the cars he’s buying it’s all about the history and provenance rather than how much he’ll make on it
That is very rare for a car dealer but very reassuring to hear especially when buying this type or car.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom