E300 hybrid 2015

Ifty mahmood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 hybrid 2015
Morning

just recently brought an e300 hybrid and after a week I’m having problems....
1:- the engine making a rattling noise when I’m driving sounds like it’s coming from the back of the engine.. timing chain?
2:- it’s making a whistling sound when I rev the engine on idle or whilst im driving been told it’s had a new turbo fitted last month
3:- just yesterday sat in traffic and it was running on hybrid but when I was driving off the engine didn’t kick in got a malfunction on the dash but switched the engine off and started it and engine kicked into life...

This is my first Mercedes after a long time last one I had was a R reg c250td sport which was brilliant. But this one I’m already having problems.

what’s everyone thoughts on this e300?? What’s to look out for? And also do dealers warrant the hybrid battery? ( I know Toyota if they do a health check on the hybrid battery every 10k miles and it packs in it’s under warranty ) do Mercedes do this kind of deal??
I do mostly motorway driving during the weekdays and weekends alotof local driving.
any help would be much appreciated

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Best thing to do is context the seller and let them know what’s happened and that your going to take it to a local Mercedes independent for diagnostic, from there you can have discussions in who’s going to pay for what and fixing it, afraid it doesn’t sound like it will be a cheap fix though

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I would just take it back to the trader, reject the car and ask for a refund under your legal rights. Problems with the hybrid system can be horrendously expensive and a six year old car is a problem waiting to happen.

OP
I

Ifty mahmood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 hybrid 2015
Best thing to do is context the seller and let them know what’s happened and that your going to take it to a local Mercedes independent for diagnostic, from there you can have discussions in who’s going to pay for what and fixing it, afraid it doesn’t sound like it will be a cheap fix though
Managed to diagnose it.. turned out to be a faulty turbo which was fitted last month so it’s still under warranty.. only done 700 miles on this new turbo

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Due to Covid 19 restrictions and the lack of offered test drives, dealers are offering a period of leave where you can return the vehicle for a full refund without question, in lieu of the test drive, there are conditions of time and mileage so you should consult the dealership's Terms and CoB and HOPE you are still within that window. Then make all your warranty enquiries with MB BEFORE your next investment! I'm sure you'll be appropriately horrified with your findings!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom