Mercedes Servicing and Exclusions

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I explored the option of taking out a service plan on my E63 which is no longer under warranty. The next service is a B service with an ATF change included. The service plan will cost £52 a month over 3 years to get the benefit of a B.A.B service.
So that is £1872 for 3 services or £624 a year for 3 years.

Now if I were to get these 3 services done at an indy, the first B service I would guess would be well under £600 including that ATF change. The next one is just an oil/filter and check up and supplying the oil would come in under £200. The last B service would require another set of spark plugs and brake fluid but I still think £600 would cover it easily.
So I'm already £400+ down and the Mobilo cover can be replaced through the RAC anyway for little cost.

So I'm leaning toward my indy doing the work when the time comes and saving some money.
Good plan! However I’m probably going to extend the 1 year warranty so I perceive a benefit in keeping all the servicing MB until the extended warranty expires.
I’ll clearly have time to do my sums before I buy the service plan though, but that’s my current thinking.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I explored the option of taking out a service plan on my E63 which is no longer under warranty. The next service is a B service with an ATF change included. The service plan will cost £52 a month over 3 years to get the benefit of a B.A.B service.
So that is £1872 for 3 services or £624 a year for 3 years.

Now if I were to get these 3 services done at an indy, the first B service I would guess would be well under £600 including that ATF change. The next one is just an oil/filter and check up and supplying the oil would come in under £200. The last B service would require another set of spark plugs and brake fluid but I still think £600 would cover it easily.
So I'm already £400+ down and the Mobilo cover can be replaced through the RAC anyway for little cost.

So I'm leaning toward my indy doing the work when the time comes and saving some money.

When you do the maths on that it is a no brainer!!!

OP
Ron240

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Mercedes have just updated the terms and conditions for their ServiceCare plans.
The full version is very long winded, so the bottom link is a summary of the changes.
One of the main things I can see is that ServiceCare will no longer cover topping up your screen wash...or have I read that wrong?
I received my email today but have had next weeks service booking for over a month, and I will be making a fuss if my dealer refuses to top up my screen wash without expecting me to pay for it.
Oh and I see Mercedes still describe the £48 cancellation charge as "a reasonable administration fee" :p

Altamar

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 SL400
I read it the same way - no screenwash and only ten litres of adblue and the customer pays for the rest. Penny pinching which will only push more customers towards independents.

OP
Ron240

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I read it the same way - no screenwash and only ten litres of adblue and the customer pays for the rest. Penny pinching which will only push more customers towards independents.
Absolutely agree, particularly in light of the fact that main dealer servicing is already sky high!
In my email it said "If for any reason you’re not happy with the new terms of this agreement, please contact our ServiceCare Administration team", so I sent an email asking for clarification on the screen wash. I will let you know what they say when/if I receive a reply

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
My main dealer, Synter, give free top ups of screen wash and coolant and a free car wash, every ¼, when you have the car serviced there.

OP
Ron240

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My main dealer, Synter, give free top ups of screen wash and coolant and a free car wash, every ¼, when you have the car serviced there.
Exactly as it should be, although I am more than happy to do without the car wash. :D
I've just noticed thst the changes do not come into effect until 1st August so my service next week will be under the current terms. :)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
If they put more than 10L of AdBlu in, ask them to remove it as they have broached their new imposed terms. If they put screen wash in that is now an extra, again ask them to remove it as you put the car in for a service under the service plan. A few customers standing their ground will soon put a stop to the stupidity.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If they put more than 10L of AdBlu in, ask them to remove it as they have broached their new imposed terms. If they put screen wash in that is now an extra, again ask them to remove it as you put the car in for a service under the service plan. A few customers standing their ground will soon put a stop to the stupidity.
The 10ltr of ad blue limit was in place when I had my W213 in 2016/17. They’d do a full fill at the first service, after that it was 10ltr max unless I paid.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I put my own Adblue in. Much cheaper
One of the few things I do myself.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Having had the "additional" work required tried on me a couple of times, I always make it politely clear before the service that I will not pay for anything as an extra, and that is recorded on their worksheet. Saves arguing the point after the event.

Mike Smith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 C200 Estate AMG line plus
I shouldn't have anything going wrong...or if it does I wont be paying for it. :D
I have a brand new CLA 250
https://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/new-cla-owner.182742/

I believe new cars have 3 years roadside assistance, but is this provided by AA or RAC.....or is it an exclusive to Mercedes service?
It's provided by the RAC but is staffed with Mercedes trained techs with all the Mercedes diagnostic kit. Also if serviced by Mercedes it continues for another year. This covers breakdown and recovery anywhere in the UK or mainland Europe.

OP
Ron240

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well I received a reply to my email specifically asking if topping up screen wash is no longer included within the ServiceCare new terms and conditions, and here is what was said...
Good Morning,
Thank you for your email.
The ServiceCare Plan covers you for the routine item as per the vehicle handbook, please contact your local or preferred retailer who will be able to advise what is carried out each service for your vehicle and if there are any specific recommendations.
If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to let us know by return.

Now given that screen wash is the most basic of items and should require topping up at every service on every car regardless of the type of service, they appear to have completely avoided answering my question and gave me the standard brush off because the person replying does not know the answer and presumably cannot be bothered to find out.
As I said earlier though I will get my screen wash top up included in my service next Friday regardless, because the changes do not come into effect until Ist August.
One of the reasons I am bothered about this is because I do not normally go through a lot of screen wash and can easily go a year between top ups so it makes perfect sense for my dealer to do it at my service with the correct manufacturer branded and approved screen wash, and I do not expect to have to pay extra for it.

Benz-c220d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 C class Sports Premium
I just stumbled on your thread when searching about service plan.
I got my C Class Diesel 220d today (first owner is dealer registered in May 2021 and I am therefore second owner with 35 miles on clock) & come with 3 year warranty.

I am given a quote £35.00 X 36 = £1260.00 paid now in advance or expect to pay next 3 years approximately £1484.22
That is without an inflation rise being factored in.

I have a week to make up my mind.
I find It is a difficult decision to make. :)
I do about 9000 miles/ year.

Will my paying in advance for 36 months (I am aware of the savings made against inflation rise) cover any problems arising from Adblue related failures (crystals blocking the injectors) ect?

It is clear that wear & tear related items will not be covered - understandable.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom