How to remove door card on SL400 R231

PN_UK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 R231 2017
Good morning everyone.

The window on my drivers side has come loose, one can lift the back edge by around 30mm, although nothing actually comes off in one's hand. The lifter works fine, there are no obvious functional problems or alignment problems with the glass. It rattles terribly when the door is closed...reminiscent of a 1970s Skoda. Needless to say, I have checked, and the passenger door window does not budge.

So I need to get in there...which I am competent to do, but a little direction is always useful.

Does anyone have any tips on removing the door card, and perhaps even the cause of my loose window?

Thanks in advance.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Good morning everyone.

The window on my drivers side has come loose, one can lift the back edge by around 30mm, although nothing actually comes off in one's hand. The lifter works fine, there are no obvious functional problems or alignment problems with the glass. It rattles terribly when the door is closed...reminiscent of a 1970s Skoda. Needless to say, I have checked, and the passenger door window does not budge.

So I need to get in there...which I am competent to do, but a little direction is always useful.

Does anyone have any tips on removing the door card, and perhaps even the cause of my loose window?

Thanks in advance.
Do you have an MB Tier 1 used car warranty still ?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I can only suggest YouTube .... I found a few videos when I wanted to remove the door card from my R Class

OP
P

PN_UK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 R231 2017
Hi Emilysdad, yes still have a warranty, but apparently not covered until the window actually falls out; as you might imagine, I am querying that notion.

In the interim, I've tried YouTube, but nothing for the R231.

If I have to, I'll get in there, but as I say, a bit of guidance is always good.

Thanks

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi Emilysdad, yes still have a warranty, but apparently not covered until the window actually falls out; as you might imagine, I am querying that notion.

In the interim, I've tried YouTube, but nothing for the R231.

If I have to, I'll get in there, but as I say, a bit of guidance is always good.

Thanks
Can’t you say it drops and leaves the car insecure ?

OP
P

PN_UK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 R231 2017
Hmmm, I was hoping to get rather better advice than insighting me to perpetrate insurance fraud.

Top Bottom