Any F1 fans

VWsurfbum

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300h
I've not seen any racial comments towards Lewis nor did I for the football, all I saw was people condemning it and people saying how bad it is?
Maybe it's my circle, Maybe it's the socials I choose, maybe it's not as bad as the statements make it sound?
I can't believe an English crowd booed an English winner? (was too into my beer by then)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I know it really is terrible the way Lewis has been racially abused for what was a racing incident, so maybe it got to him in some way
But as I said before these people use any excuse they can to spout their vile hatred.

Even Damon Hill said "you never stick a wheel up the inside at Copse"

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Even Damon Hill said "you never stick a wheel up the inside at Copse"
I remember Ayrton Senna once saying, when you do not go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racer.
I also heard (but didn't see) that Karun Chandhock went through the incident frame by frame with the conclusion that it was a racing incident.

This aside, it is no secret here that you dislike Lewis Hamilton for your own reasons, so are never likely to be sticking up for him. :p

P.S. You quoted my post then spoke about something completely different. Or were you giving a justification for the racial abuse?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This aside, it is no secret here that you dislike Lewis Hamilton for your own reasons, so are never likely to be sticking up for him. :p

You mis-quote me again - I don't like him as a person, I respect him as a racing driver.

I was just quoting what Damon said as he tried it once and it ended badly as well.

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
P.S. You quoted my post then spoke about something completely different. Or were you giving a justification for the racial abuse?

Not even having that conversation, the very implication of your statement is disgusting!!!!!!!!!

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Not even having that conversation, the very implication of your statement is disgusting!!!!!!!!!
As it should be, although no implication was meant.
I was simply seeking clarification because my quote was purely about racial abuse, to which you replied with a post about racing.
Had you posted without quoting me I would still have relied the same way, but without adding my P.S.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was simply seeking clarification because my quote was purely about racial abuse, to which you replied with a post about racing.

I heard no racial abuse and was right in the middle of the crowd in front of the stage, only Booooing when he walked on. I was only aware it happened on Monday when it was all over the news about Twitter posts

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Need to watch on YouTube...
vBrWMQ3uhRo
This is what I was told about but first time I've seen it.
Yes I would agree with his opinion.
I think the stewards were in a very awkward position due to the serious consequences of the incident so felt compelled to give some kind of penalty, so maybe this explains why the one they chose was definitely at the lighter end of the scale.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208

The racing incident is discussed at 13.05 onwards.

Multiple world champions, ex drivers and current drivers all seem to agree Lewis did nothing wrong, it was a racing incident.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yet LH did it twice more in the same race to complete an overtake.

A conspiracy theorist may say it was deliberate then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Hakkinen - racing incident
Chandok - racing incident
Button - HAM should have backed out if it
Ricciardo - Silly
Brundle - 50/50 Thinks Stewards were 70/30 for MAX

Gave Lando 4th so all good IMO

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
He was booed on stage after, was really off with the crowd as well, his usual 20min signing session turned into 3min "hi and thanks", maybe because Lando and George got better receptions??
More likely because he shunted Verstappen off without sufficient punishment.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
More likely because he shunted Verstappen off without sufficient punishment.
Yet other views from respected sources say it was a racing incident.
Whatever. The stewards have access to far more data and recordings than we have, and awarded what they considered a sufficient penalty.
Giving LH the bird was uncalled for, especially at his home GP.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I am not a great fan of LH butI thought it was a racing incident.
Verstappen does not take prisoners & has a history of confrontation.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
I am not judging fault but the question was if the crowd was being racist. I doubt it. Right or wrong, many probably saw the incident as being Lewis' fault and were letting him know. Reminiscent of some of Schumacher's behaviour at times. Win at any cost. Very dangerous move as stated by many ex and current drivers.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am not judging fault but the question was if the crowd was being racist. I doubt it. Right or wrong, many probably saw the incident as being Lewis' fault and were letting him know. Reminiscent of some of Schumacher's behaviour at times. Win at any cost. Very dangerous move as stated by many ex and current drivers.
The online element were being racist, so it is reasonable to assume that at least some in the crowd who hate Hamilton anyway were also being.
The difference with the way Schumacher conducted himself at times is that he would blatantly cheat and everybody knew it.

I believe you already have judged fault.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
In these days of so many afflictions and auto correct on devices perhaps some are conflating racing and racist :geek: :shock: ;)

As Ive said before Hamilton is not genuinely interested in equality as evidenced by his silence when Matiu Ratana was murdered in cold blood by a person of colour. He is playing the race card. Taking the knee is a sign of subservience unless like me you have medical reasons so as not to mess yourself.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom