Misterdog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 (W169) 2010

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
Shortish run yesterday, I can’t get anywhere near @davidsl500 figures (on speed that is…) :shock:

The difference is, I retired early and don't have to be anywhere at any specific time so I will take A road's and B roads over motorways anyday hence the average speed is much lower. It's a lot more fun and relaxed though and more options for a crafty coffee... :cool::coffee:

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
The difference is, I retired early and don't have to be anywhere at any specific time so I will take A road's and B roads over motorways anyday hence the average speed is much lower. It's a lot more fun and relaxed though and more options for a crafty coffee... :cool::coffee:
And why not indeed :)

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I dislike motorway driving intensely. It always amazes me how thick some drivers are.
I have a don't get angry policy but some of the things I've seen beggar belief and test my resolve to the max.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200

Same with us David, always the back roads or the scenic way unless we are on a mission :rolleyes:

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
I dislike motorway driving intensely. It always amazes me how thick some drivers are.
I have a don't get angry policy but some of the things I've seen beggar belief and test my resolve to the max.
You and i both,as a professional driver im appalled at the antics drivers get up to on Motorways! I just let the maniacs get on with it, when i see a stupid group of drivers ahead i just back off and let them get on with their muppetry! Best way i say

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
You and i both,as a professional driver im appalled at the antics drivers get up to on Motorways! I just let the maniacs get on with it, when i see a stupid group of drivers ahead i just back off and let them get on with their muppetry! Best way i say
Can't back off too much or the idiot behind rams in the back of you! :shock:
I have my Distronic set to the furthest distance behind the car in front and in a long slow queue I'll often get flashed to let the bloke behind take my place in the queue but still stuck behind the whole queue :rolleyes::geek:

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
I have my Distronic set to the furthest distance behind the car in front and in a long slow queue I'll often get flashed to let the bloke behind take my place in the queue but still stuck behind the whole queue :rolleyes::geek:
Leave a sensible gap to the car in front and you can bet some idiot will pull in to it, ease off to put the gap back and someone else pulls into it etc. etc., Feels like I am driving backwards sometimes.....

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Leave a sensible gap to the car in front and you can bet some idiot will pull in to it, ease off to put the gap back and someone else pulls into it etc. etc., Feels like I am driving backwards sometimes.....
That would explain your average speed... :D :D

Paul Garrett

Reaction score
Yes that is a problem but i just ease off a little bit and look in my mirror before i do so as too many tailgaters out there as well! , thats why my rear camera and sign normally does the trick , so many angry drivers on the road nowadays!!

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Noticed yesterday that the driver's mirror was struggling to adjust and making noises as if it was a great effort to move, a bit like me.
Surprisingly I managed to dismantle it this morning without breaking anything, cleaned and re-greased the gears and it's working better still seems slower than the passenger side but I'll wait and see the next time I need to adjust it.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Not too bad for POETS day… (most of it was A road as well… ;) )

4E6B7125-2310-40A9-A010-7CC69DA6AF40.jpeg

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Pair of these on the rear today, the RS5 were on their indicators

GY Assy 5.jpg

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom