What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Need to get todays generous helping off before the Sahara rain to-morrow :( Our moving date to get away from the Coast cannot come quick enough as far as I am concerned :rolleyes:

Poo3.jpg

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Need to get todays generous helping off before the Sahara rain to-morrow :( Our moving date to get away from the Coast cannot come quick enough as far as I am concerned :rolleyes:

View attachment 77696
Some form of antiaircraft battery needed I think…

Seagulls, I presume?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Some form of antiaircraft battery needed I think…

Seagulls, I presume?
Yup, Seagulls. They are nesting between our chimney pots. I do like Seagulls, I think they are a handsome bird and always spotlessly clean, that is except for their bums :rolleyes:

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Yup, Seagulls. They are nesting between our chimney pots. I do like Seagulls, I think they are a handsome bird and always spotlessly clean, that is except for their bums :rolleyes:
When I was at the coast recently, saw this... just what you want nesting on your roof!

20220602_133403.jpg

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When I was at the coast recently, saw this... just what you want nesting on your roof!

View attachment 77698
We get it every year and what a mess they leave and always in inaccessible places. The downside of living on the Coast I'm afraid :rolleyes:

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200

AJ, I am sure their bums are clean, its your car that's not :p

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Failed miserably to connect my new phone to the Money Pit, been told it is not compatible with my system :(
It connects to the SLK though :)
I think I may leave my old phone in the Money Pit and give out the new number to those who only call me when I am in the car :rolleyes:

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
20220622_183620.jpg
Leaky injector seal on cylinder No.2 fixed, the rest will have to wait as the rear suspension decided to go Cheech and Chong low rider today.
Had it on the ramp and snooped all the joints I could see and I suspect the right air spring as the left is following by equalisation.
Mot Saturday morning so I will lay it up until then and pull the system apart. At 178k I suspect wear and tear so nothing to loose looking.

Failed miserably to connect my new phone to the Money Pit, been told it is not compatible with my system :(
It connects to the SLK though :)
I think I may leave my old phone in the Money Pit and give out the new number to those who only call me when I am in the car :rolleyes:
Mine came with a Nokia so I have a PAYG sim to be ever so important on the way home asking what we are having for dinner.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
View attachment 77706
Leaky injector seal on cylinder No.2 fixed, the rest will have to wait as the rear suspension decided to go Cheech and Chong low rider today.
Had it on the ramp and snooped all the joints I could see and I suspect the right air spring as the left is following by equalisation.
Mot Saturday morning so I will lay it up until then and pull the system apart. At 178k I suspect wear and tear so nothing to loose looking.

Mine came with a Nokia so I have a PAYG sim to be ever so important on the way home asking what we are have for dinner.

The SL has the old faithful Nokia so good for either pub or home for dinner after work :D The Money Pit has some different thing in the centre console which connects to your bluetooth, apparently added by the PO with a MBUSA code for some strange reason, but doesn't work with my new phone, after you go through the connecting function it says connected then a few seconds later it says not connected. I am now wondering if it is still picking up my old phone as it was in the study in range of the car and its bluetooth is on? I will try again tomorrow now that I have turned bluetooth of on the old phone.

Eewww I know all about leaking injectors........Actually I know lots about leaks!!! :(

th3h1ghlander

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 350cdi (C218) 2012 / OM642
MB Grangemouth gave me a great price on my brake service items, just a shame my delivery of 2 items was only 1 of 2. Missus took the delivery so didn’t know to ask, but seriously, what is it with delivery companies, is the job that hard? Thanks Fed(up)Ex.
MB Grangemouth (saints! :) ) are sorting this out for me as “only the account holder” can raise delivery issue. Thanks again F%*!Ex.
Just as well I am not in a major rush for the parts now as I will be otherwise occupied this weekend with my new friend ‘rona. Probably best not to try any mechanical tasks with the actualised version of man-flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

They are appalling things, sneaky, disrespectful and thieves, all they do is make noise and mess

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
A rather large puddle of oil emerged from under the S class overnight..........

drove it in. Pilot bush!! Happy days, new one on the shelf. No big £££££ for me

Last edited:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Pretty much sums it up, living on the coast they are a real problem, lockdown was bliss as they all buggered off somewhere else
As far as I am concerned they are only a nuisance during the nesting season. We have them nesting between our chimney pots at the moment. When they have gone we probably have a bit of a fire risk with straw and whatever around our chimney’s. Just have to hope for a storm to get it cleared from there.

As far as scavenging is concerned, nobody feeds them so what else can they do. Unfortunately they are a protected species so they are here to stay and breed.

I really haven’t got a problem with them, they are part of the Seaside experience and I like them. It’s just nesting time and all of the mess they produce that I don’t like. Apart from that, love ‘em. They no messier than a bunch of children and we have to love them. :)

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Topped up my Ad Blue after adding some of the anti-crystallising/injector cleaner/CAT protecting/snake oil stuff. ;)

What is it they say about a fool and his money? :rolleyes::geek:

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag E-Pace, BMW Z4
A rather large puddle of oil emerged from under the S class overnight..........

drove it in. Pilot bush!! Happy days, new one on the shelf. No big £££££ for me
What's a Pilot bush ? and where is it ? I've seen bush pilots and pilots bushes, but need to know where to look for leaks under the car.

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag E-Pace, BMW Z4
The SL has the old faithful Nokia so good for either pub or home for dinner after work :D The Money Pit has some different thing in the centre console which connects to your bluetooth, apparently added by the PO with a MBUSA code for some strange reason, but doesn't work with my new phone, after you go through the connecting function it says connected then a few seconds later it says not connected. I am now wondering if it is still picking up my old phone as it was in the study in range of the car and its bluetooth is on? I will try again tomorrow now that I have turned bluetooth of on the old phone.

Eewww I know all about leaking injectors........Actually I know lots about leaks!!! :(
I resorted to buying an old nokia for the SL - so much better than the Viseeo MB4 thing I'd messed around with for years. Pre-pay sim for £5 then just divert my main phone to the prepay sim when I'm in the car simples. I've only spent about 12p keeping the sim active every six months, too tight to call anyone from it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom