S211 rear seat adjustment

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Can you tell me how my rear seats can be set into the alternative upright position please?
Never got round to finding out but I'm aware it's a feature.

Also, mine is a 2004 Avantgarde - I'm aware it may have heated washer jets. Am I missing something- if the water in the bottle and pipes is frozen how will it work?

Ta very much.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Can you tell me how my rear seats can be set into the alternative upright position please?
Never got round to finding out but I'm aware it's a feature.

Also, mine is a 2004 Avantgarde - I'm aware it may have heated washer jets. Am I missing something- if the water in the bottle and pipes is frozen how will it work?

Ta very much.

Yes it is a very useful feature. You can choose to have less recline on the rear seats and thus more room in the boot. I use it all the time as we have two dogs in the 'boot'.

Here's how. 1. Really you should read handbook! 2. My best shot is this:-
Open rear passenger side door. Lift the 'catch' (handle) that releases the lock on the seat back. Let seat come forward a fair bit. Now here's the clever bit. If you just push the seatback back into place it will still be reclined as before - useful if you just want to lower seatbacks for stowage and put back into your usual position.

BUT if you pull the catch hard a second time - before putting the seats back in place- it will reset for a lesser angle of recline. You can see the seatback is more upright. Now go to other side so as to reposition the split seat which will copy the recline angle of the main bit on the passenger side. Hope this helps.

I find the heated washer jets do work even in the cold weather we have had this year.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
The tank and pipes are under the bonnet, away from the frost so with the correct additive, they shouldn't freeze. Only the jets are exposed, both to frost and wind chill. I've not had any freezing issues on mine. I have had the water freeze on the screen but it came out of the jets just fine.

OP
Developer

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Thanks for the replies on the rear seat adjustment - I've had a play as per your instructions and now know how it works.

On the subject of washers freezing - every time we get a sharp frost my rear washer freezes up, even though the pipe is surrounded with trim. That's what caused the pipe to blow off (as per my earlier thread) showering the offside wheel arch inner trim and tilt sensor with water. I guess I need to increase the additive ratio to something stronger than my current amount.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom