Anyone want a porsche carrera

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
'Dumped' Porsche could be crushed
A Porsche Carrera that has been sitting in a car park for three weeks could be crushed if it is not reclaimed.

The car, which is about six years old, but costs about £70,000 new, was left at the Guildford Spectrum leisure complex in February.

The borough council has posted a notice on the car which says it could be removed or destroyed.

Alan Harkin, of Guildford Spectrum, said it was the first time a vehicle of such value had been left for so long.

The silver Porsche is not believed to have been stolen and has been taxed although it is not displaying a disc.

'Removal or disposal'

"It's not the sort of car that is left abandoned," Mr Harkin said. "We think it's been there for about three weeks.

"We often get cars left overnight when people go into town. It's a free car park.

"This is the first time a car of this sort has been left for such a long time."

Cllr Jenny Wicks, of Guildford Borough Council, said there were a number of factors considered when deciding if a car has been abandoned.

"These include the condition, the length of time it has been in place, whether the vehicle is taxed, if there is a registered keeper or has number plates missing," she said.

"We investigate reported vehicles via the DVLA and send out an inspector.

"If we think a vehicle is abandoned on the highway, we will issue a 24-hour notice.

"If the vehicle is not moved or claimed after this, we will look to remove the vehicle for storage or disposal."

R

recycledjuvenile

can they not just report to the police, to trace the owner?
He could be dead, kidnapped or it may be stolen and the owner is abroad so not reported.

P

PanzerMcGrory

can they not just report to the police, to trace the owner?
He could be dead, kidnapped or it may be stolen and the owner is abroad so not reported.

Or he/she could be cut into small pieces and put in the luggage space!!!!!!!

Let it be crushed, one less identical looking porsche to worry about.
Only porsche i ever liked was the old 968, at least its styling was slightly different.

Last edited by a moderator:

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
They won't crush it, they'll store it given the repocussions of crushing it. They'll auction it off after a while. Given the big brother state we live in I am surprised they haven't traced the owner on CCTV, ANPR from his house etc. Guess it doesn't make money tracing the owner

R

recycledjuvenile

Let it be crushed, one less identical looking porsche to worry about.
Only porsche i ever liked was the old 968, at least its styling was slightly different.

eerrmm do you mind? nothing wrong with a 911. it is the ultimate drivers car.

R

recycledjuvenile

They won't crush it, they'll store it given the repocussions of crushing it. They'll auction it off after a while. Given the big brother state we live in I am surprised they haven't traced the owner on CCTV, ANPR from his house etc. Guess it doesn't make money tracing the owner

no fines to hand out, so no cash incentive

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
unless you have owned and driven a 1980's and mid 90's 911 then nothing compares.

****** good fun I should know Ive had them, the 996 onwards just dont appeal.

once on contract with Boots the security guy requested I open the boot, so he stood at the back of the car whilst I opened the the front, I then stood there waiting, my thoughts at the time "what a ******"

jib

OP
Quick Silver

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
unless you have owned and driven a 1980's and mid 90's 911 then nothing compares.

****** good fun I should know Ive had them, the 996 onwards just dont appeal.

once on contract with Boots the security guy requested I open the boot, so he stood at the back of the car whilst I opened the the front, I then stood there waiting, my thoughts at the time "what a ******"

jib

Reminds of a couple of years back when we had a new Hackney Carriage Enforcement Officer .(Put out to grass by the local force cause he's ****** useless) He had a fad about checking the security of the batteries and when he looked under the bonnet of my Vito's he couldn't find it .He asked "wheres the battery" I replied "hasn't got one mate , it's all done by solar power these new mercs" (battery's under drivers seat really) and he believed it and just as he was about to walk away scratching his head my mate pulled on the rank with his new E320 Cdi . I said winking to my mate "check that one , thats got no battery either" (this ones in the boot really) and he pulled the bonnet and sure enough no battery. His latest fad is number plate lamps . Also had him on the left/right parking lamps "you've only got one rear light" he said and we then went on a "yes I have"/"no you havnt" saga with me pulling the indicator switch up and down and turning the side lights on and off. Really wound him up that did . He gives me a very wide berth now . He gets a police pension and will also now get a fat pension from the local authority when he's finally put out to pasture. He's about as much use as a chocolate kettle .

P

PanzerMcGrory

eerrmm do you mind? nothing wrong with a 911. it is the ultimate drivers car.

Kind of car you would see all the bankers driving that have brought the country to its knees,
Did i say Bankers? ah well even if i did change the first letter it would still mean the same.

like i said apart from the same design they have been using for decades in my opinion they made two nice looking cars, the 968 and the groundbreaking
volkswagen.

Last edited by a moderator:

popuptoaster

Reaction score
theres no way the 911 is the ultimate drivers car, who knows what the ultimate driver is? i fookin hate the way they feel and sound so its obviously not me.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
theres no way the 911 is the ultimate drivers car, who knows what the ultimate driver is? i fookin hate the way they feel and sound so its obviously not me.

I reckon, based on your previous posts, that you'd get more out of a car with the engine in the front driving the rear wheels. BMWs M3 would be more for you, or a corvette (the new ones are very good).

Some folk like the feeling of the light nose and the excellent traction with the engine @ the back, some prefer a car that can be driven sideways more easily.

popuptoaster

Reaction score
I reckon, based on your previous posts, that you'd get more out of a car with the engine in the front driving the rear wheels. BMWs M3 would be more for you, or a corvette (the new ones are very good).

Some folk like the feeling of the light nose and the excellent traction with the engine @ the back, some prefer a car that can be driven sideways more easily.

true, i do like stupid amounts off oomph in a chassis barely able to cope. :D thats what i call fun, not as quick across country but then theres no where you can use a porsche to its fullest on the road here these days anyway and (to me anyway) they have a stringback glove and anorak image, im more your mildy civilised hooligan. lol

Colt45_GTO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1993 merc 190E 1.8 Auto, 1990 Mitsubishi GTO TwinTurbo AWD, 1997 Toyota Hiace PowerVan 2.4D
i have driven a few older porkers, a 911SC i think '82? and the thing to me was dangerous!
no weight over the front wheels so it didn't stop, too much grip on the back so it pushed understeer to the max. it felt horrible but it wouldn't put me off owning one.

the 944's aint bad and handle very well. just old and dated now with every one thats still running are now causing their owners nightmares with repair bills.

924=gash awful!!!
928=problem

tbh i wouldn't have a modern one nor would i now have an older one. they simply spell trouble to me.

my thoughts......crush it!

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
true, i do like stupid amounts off oomph in a chassis barely able to cope. :D thats what i call fun, not as quick across country but then theres no where you can use a porsche to its fullest on the road here these days anyway and (to me anyway) they have a stringback glove and anorak image, im more your mildy civilised hooligan. lol

:D

Get saving and get a 211 E55 as prices are dropping fast. I can see what you're getting at, and have a secret admiration of the V8 holdens we can get as vauxhalls.

If you want qucik x country, its a rice rocket you need. The 911 is a drivers car as it majors on feedback and interaction. I for one haven't driven one but thats what they say. I'd be more comfortable with an M3 or car with engine in the front.

popuptoaster

Reaction score
im dropping a 300bhp 5.7 V8 into my W114 coupe very soon, which should give me all the "fun" i require as it only weighs 1400kg. ;)

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom