Some W209 Questions

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
I'm picking up the 320 Cab tomorrow from MB Direct at Balsall Common so I'm a little bit excited :mrgreen:

Although as it's registered Jul 04 it could have been built with the dreaded Valeo radiator...... :rolleyes:

I do have a couple of questions about the car which I hope you can answer.

Although an Elegance, it has been fitted with 18" AMGs - assuming this was a factory-fit option, did it always come with the sports suspension? Is the Sports suspension harder than an Avantgarde?

Should the car have a wind deflector with it as standard?

Apparently it has the Harmann Kardon fitted. Is this 'Logic 7' and if it is, how different is this to the standard 6 speaker setup?

Thanks as ever.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Sports suspension was not standard. Not sure if it's harder than the Avantgarde but will be lower and with the 18" wheels will give a harsher ride than the stock Elegance

Wind deflectors are standard with the Cab.

Logic 7 has one extra speaker ? :rolleyes: :confused: Sorry I don't really know :)

OP
Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I've just managed to get the VIN and I've put it in the database. Quite a spec - it has had sports suspension fitted and blue glass too (seems the original buyer wanted an avantgarde with elegance interior). There's a few options I don't know what they are - any ideas?

multiple contour backrest for right rear single seat
527 Reims adapter and paint kit
955 extension tube on the roof, front

And is there anyway of knowing manufacture date from the VIN. All the decoder says is that it was delivered June 04.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The multi contour back seat is where you can blow up the back at various points for back support.

995 are all of the parts for a flashing beacon on the roof

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
To get a build date,, take off any plastic panel in the car or boot,,they often have build date labels on them

NJones59

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI Avantgarde
Did you trade in the C270CDI for the new car? If so, do you mind me asking what they gave you for it? I am considering a change myself but according to Parkers my C270 is only worth about £6500 (ouch)

Nigel

OP
Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
Did you trade in the C270CDI for the new car? If so, do you mind me asking what they gave you for it? I am considering a change myself but according to Parkers my C270 is only worth about £6500 (ouch)

Nigel

Sorry, I can't help - I chopped in a Volvo V70 D5 against it - I haven't had the C270 for about 18 months.

Sadly £6500 might be even too high - you need to sneak a peek at the CAP guide that's what dealers use (ie shows wha tthey actually sell for at auction). For example Parkers reckons that p/ex for my fully specced D5 was about £5500 but CAP had it down as £4300.

But it's not all doom and gloom. Low p/ex for sure but low forecourt prices too. MB are going bonkers to sell stuff.

The CLK I'm getting tomorrow had got a screen price of £17995. They knocked it down to £15695 without me asking. The Volvo is worth £4300 but with a bit of work I got £5000 for it which, given I'm getting the car on Agility (PCP) works out at another £1000 off screen price. The monthly payment is crazy too (I won't say how much but let's say I've never had a car that cost that little per month).

Look for the right spec car, one that holds its residuals (CLK, SLK, C & CLC diesels, and E estate diesels) and a good haggle will get you into something quite good

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Sadly £6500 might be even too high - you need to sneak a peek at the CAP guide that's what dealers use (ie shows wha tthey actually sell for at auction). For example Parkers reckons that p/ex for my fully specced D5 was about £5500 but CAP had it down as £4300.

I haven't had the benefit of access to CAP, but I have found www.wisebuyers.co.uk to be fairly brutally realistic.

Sobering if you are selling, but they give a good position from which to progress if you are buying and may prevent your heart from ruling your head!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom