Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Why cant they leave the sport alone!!!!!!

PJayUK

Reaction score
Dont you think that F1 is just.. Well boring? I cant sit there and watch it anymore its become too safe, predictable and just to glamorous. its not a "proper" sport anymore IMHO.

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Dont you think that F1 is just.. Well boring? I cant sit there and watch it anymore its become too safe, predictable and just to glamorous. its not a "proper" sport anymore IMHO.

Personally, I like to watch the start, the first few laps and the finish. Thats all.

BUT - British Touring Cars - woweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.!!!!!!!!!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded

Yes the Mansell days were great, just boring now

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Personally, I like to watch the start, the first few laps and the finish. Thats all.

BTC is just as controlled and, erm, "adjusted"....

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I don't think the new system will work. It will mean that the chances of a winner appearing half way through the season increase dramatically and then everyone gives up. At the moment they have to balance engine wear with winning which brings complex strategies out. If it's just a first past the post, you rag the car each race and go for the win, then on the second of the 2 races just cruise around 'testing' until it blows up. If your chief competitor slips up on one of his runs for the podium, you win. Very exciting! It would also mean that at tracks where a particular car isn't as strong and the win is impossible, if the points for 3rd or 4th don't matter, they just cruise round at the back. The whole point of the current system is that every finish position is crucial and worth fighting for.

I also love the way the media play the 'Hamilton wouldn't have won' line over and over. Hamilton's strategy was based on the rules as they were. He didn't need to win the last race, he simply needed to come 5th - so thats what he did. Ok the weather made the last couple of laps pretty hairy but again it was a strategic decision for him to change tyres and the toyota to chance it. If he'd gone for the outright win and spun off or blown up, we'd all have critisised him for showboating when he only needed to come in 5th. If he'd needed to win, he'd have driven a bid harder, turned up the engine and taken a few more chances I suspect. I'm not saying he'd have won as Ferrari were very strong, but he'd have done better than 5th.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Don't like F1 its noisy, bl**dy expensive and run by a greedy, grabbing, grotty little man who is sad apology for a human being with more money than he knows what to do with:rolleyes:

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k
Don't like F1 its noisy, bl**dy expensive and run by a greedy, grabbing, grotty little man who is sad apology for a human being with more money than he knows what to do with:rolleyes:

Funny that, he speaks highly of you;)

P

PanzerMcGrory

When schumacher retired i stopped watching F1.
I would watch touring cars ten years ago but not now as its so complicated and basically sh#t,
Now German touring cars thats a different story, watching pumped up panzerkampfwagens racing around great circuits is like chalk and cheese compared to our crappy little competition with tinpot cars and circuits.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom