a class acsr off help

anokey

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi peeps, this is my first post on here so apologies if its in the wrong place.

My problem is my wife has a A class and she is pregnant, she would like to be able to have the child seat in the front, I have read that certain seats have a feature which disables the front airbag, does anybody know which brands/makes/models of seats has this option.

all help is much appreciated.

stuartmac

Reaction score
Hi,

Having gone through this twice not very many years ago ...

1. TV's where the driver can see them are banned by law; ime and mho, babies in the front seat should be banned for the same reason - have you seen how far a new mother can drive without looking away from a baby on the front passenger seat? :eek: Scary.

2. Select a baby seat for how well it'll protect your bundle of joy should the worst happen, not how many other safety features it can turn off.

Hth.

Regards,

Gt Russell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor convertable
Hi,

Having gone through this twice not very many years ago ...

1. TV's where the driver can see them are banned by law; ime and mho, babies in the front seat should be banned for the same reason - have you seen how far a new mother can drive without looking away from a baby on the front passenger seat? :eek: Scary.

2. Select a baby seat for how well it'll protect your bundle of joy should the worst happen, not how many other safety features it can turn off.

Hth.

Regards,

thats two very good points and the first one in particular

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Good points perhaps but equally if a Mother is distracted enough to look at the baby on the front seat, she's going to be far more dangerous looking to the back or adjusting the rvm so she can see.

Anyway, the answer to your question officially is an official MB seat with a transponder.
Some people have bought used seats and stripped out the transponders but not something I'd risk personally. The airbag can be de-activated by various methods including after market switches but the cost makes the MB seat a practical proposition.

stuartmac

Reaction score
Hi,

equally if a Mother is distracted enough to look at the baby on the front seat, she's going to be far more dangerous looking to the back or adjusting the rvm so she can see.
Actually, no. The difference is the driver (and I confess to not being totally immune :Oops: ) can make eye contact with a baby on the front seat which she (he) can't with one on a rear seat. Moreover, as they grow more alert, at least some babies develop the habit of making loud, sharp (very distracting) cries when they can see the driver but the driver isn't looking at the baby. If baby and parent/driver can't see one another, the baby will generally only cry when in real distress, when the driver's going to have to stop and investigate anyway. As for being "far more dangerous looking to the back or adjusting the rvm so she can see", imho any parent who can't work out that a baby strapped in with a 5-point harness isn't going anywhere in the little time it takes to make a safe stop really should consider whether they ought to be driving at all.

Hth.

Regards,

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom