Hi i need help with knowing what alloy wheels

C

cybercabz

Hi can some one let me know what i need to look for size wise technical details for the right size of alloy wheel to look for to fit my merc?

I need to make sure i look at the correct size for the make and model of merc which is a c class 2005 cdi 200 which you can see on my website at http://www.cybercabz.com the red merc
At the mo i have, which came with the car from mercedes new 245 45 17 on the rear and on the front 240 40 17 so my present rear alloys are bigger than whats on the fromt.

I want to find a set of polished chrome alloys to fit but just dont know what the spec is that i need to look for so i know they will fit with out any problems.

Could some one either msg me at msn or here to let me know my msn is lutontaxis@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

cybercabz

just looke at that site

is my cdi 200 2005 this model Mercedes C Class Saloon W203 on the site you linked to me.

Does it mean i can go up to 19 inch rims if i wanted?

MBDiesal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI
You can go as big as you like. The problem is the look and what other mods you have on the car kit wise i.e. body kit, exhaust etc.

The car from your photograph looks relatively standard (which is not a bad thing) so you may just wish to lower the springs slightly and add 17" alloys (not sure if the C Class can be lowered electronically).

I would steer away from chrome and stick to a machine faced polished finish alloy. In my opinion chrome makes a car look cheap. Aim for Brabus wheels (Mercedes Brabus Mono S). If you don't want to pay for the real thing (and I don't blame you at nearly £750 per wheel) buy replicas. The final look will be amazing. Please follow the link to see what they look like. You can also get a replica quote from them:

http://www.k1tyres.co.uk/replicas.asp?NAV=2

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
is my cdi 200 2005 this model Mercedes C Class Saloon W203 on the site you linked to me.

Does it mean i can go up to 19 inch rims if i wanted?

You can go to 19" but the ride will be very hard owing to the narrow sidewall, I would call it a day at 18".

Yes your car is a 203.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You can go as big as you like. The problem is the look and what other mods you have on the car kit wise i.e. body kit, exhaust etc.

The car from your photograph looks relatively standard (which is not a bad thing) so you may just wish to lower the springs slightly and add 17" alloys (not sure if the C Class can be lowered electronically).

I would steer away from chrome and stick to a machine faced polished finish alloy. In my opinion chrome makes a car look cheap. Aim for Brabus wheels (Mercedes Brabus Mono S). If you don't want to pay for the real thing (and I don't blame you at nearly £750 per wheel) buy replicas. The final look will be amazing. Please follow the link to see what they look like. You can also get a replica quote from them:

http://www.k1tyres.co.uk/replicas.asp?NAV=2

Whilst the diamond cut wheel look so nice, sadly it does not last, and it cannot be refinished with any guarantee of more than 3 months.

The chrome paints are by far the best for wearing and some of the wheels in that link are chrome painted, the same as all new MB wheels

OP
C

cybercabz

mb wheels

ok thanks.

So please tell me some one, if i have at the mo 245 45 17 on the rear and 240 40 17 on the front,and i want to find some better alloys on say ebay what size and is their any other measurment like offset i need to know for my car because i really aint got much of a clue.I oncew bidded for some alloys off ebay a:p cpl of weeks ago and the guy advertised they were from his mercedes c class and would fit any merc cclass 2001 onwards and the size of the tyres on them were 205 40 17 which is smaller than what i have at the moment.

Id just like to know what sizes to be looking at and waht to steer clear from

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I believe that you have 14mm wheel bolts, pre 2001 cars mostly had 12mm bolts

You can fit any wheels with the sizes shown in the link that I gave in answer 2 you do not have to use staggered wheels and you can use the same size front and rear.

Pop into your MB dealer and pick up the book "light Alloy Wheels" 2007 you can see many in that book

OP
C

cybercabz

I believe that you have 14mm wheel bolts, pre 2001 cars mostly had 12mm bolts

You can fit any wheels with the sizes shown in the link that I gave in answer 2 you do not have to use staggered wheels and you can use the same size front and rear.

Pop into your MB dealer and pick up the book "light Alloy Wheels" 2007 you can see many in that book

Hi cheers.
If i wanted then those 205 40 17 ex merc c 203 on ebay i was after would have been okay then for front and rear?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB wheels are hub centric, the ones in Ebay in the link are not, this make it impossible to balance them

OP
C

cybercabz

MB wheels are hub centric, the ones in Ebay in the link are not, this make it impossible to balance them

Thanks.

icant see any allolys on the link site though that seem to be really classy for my c 203,like they make for other cars like fords or other makes,i would have thought there would have been for mercedes,the classy sort of stuff they use on pimp my ride

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
the classy sort of stuff they use on pimp my ride

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

:shock: Yeh, they sure are classy! :lol:

Why don't you fit some chrome bits on it as well? You know, the wheel arch trims, door handle shells, wing mirror covers, etc.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
:shock::shock::shock::shock::

:shock: Yeh, they sure are classy! :lol:

Why don't you fit some chrome bits on it as well? You know, the wheel arch trims, door handle shells, wing mirror covers, etc.

Not called for Helen. :Oops:

OP
C

cybercabz

i dont want to fit all that stupid crap
Just looking for decent alloys that stand out and i think chrome style alloys with a high shine factor does but i cant seem to find any for a merc

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One thing for sure, you can never find them when you are looking, something will turn up that you like, I know and have spent ages looking at times asking ones self if what comes up will suit the car

OP
C

cybercabz

yer i agree

i cant believe it i found a set a few weeks back that had bren knew tyres on as well and on ebay the person selling did not get there reserve so i offered them £300 and said this was a fair offer and they excepted and gave me there phone number and everything to arrange collecting them.

i couldnt make it straight away the next day after so i said id phone during the week and when it came to a cpl of days later they wouldnt answer their phone and they msgd me saying they had sold them

I just cant believe it,Now i can seem to find another set.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom