Bluetooth for 2007 E220CDI

Omega

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am dead chuffed,,,, just picked up my new (well late 2007) E220 CDI Executive.

It has the Audio 20 Radio,,,,,, and I was expecting Blue-tooth in it - alas, it isn't.

I want blue-tooth but:

1/ I can't afford the best stuff around,,,,

2/ I don't want a 'gadget' looking thing,,,

What choices are out there to suit my criteria ?

thanks for reading,,,,,

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Glad to hear you are pleased with your new toy.

If the car does not have the wiring in the armrest, you have 2 options.

1. Contact Alfie @ comand.co.uk who will tell you the costs/ logistics of installing/ coding or;

2. Buy a decent after market kit (Parrot etc.) and mount somwhere discreet (mine is in the ashtray).

OP
Omega

Omega

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind reply RPE,
The car does come 'pre wired for telephone', but am not 100% certain what that entails - yet.
There is something in the armrest to do with a phone, but I think it's only a bracket,,,,, will have a better look tomorrow.

I don't know anything about Parrot, so will look into that.
I have a Motorola K1 at the moment (worst phone & back-up i've ever had).

I'll also drop Alfie a line for advice.

Thanks again

O

OP
Omega

Omega

Reaction score
1. Contact Alfie @ comand.co.uk who will tell you the costs/ logistics of installing/ coding.

Thanks for this info RPE, unfortunately, my e-mail was returned as undeliverable. I took out the spaces each side of the @. Am about to play with the address & try again (including another 'M' in command)

Cheers

O

moosehead

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230/2005/2.5L Avantgarde SE Sport Pack Estate, SLK230/1999 and Volvo XC60/2017 AWD
I have the Parrot CK3100 which was around £200 including professional installation a couple of years ago. I think you can buy the kits for around £90. It mutes and plays back via the cars stereo and supports the address books of 4 or 5 different handsets. The audio quality is really good and I've had no complaints from the calling/called party. I believe Parrot now do a separate module (MULTICAN) that integrates with the steering wheel controls.

HJHPH

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E320 CDI Avantgarde Estate.
Thanks for your kind reply RPE,
The car does come 'pre wired for telephone', but am not 100% certain what that entails - yet.
There is something in the armrest to do with a phone, but I think it's only a bracket,,,,, will have a better look tomorrow.

I don't know anything about Parrot, so will look into that.
I have a Motorola K1 at the moment (worst phone & back-up i've ever had).

I'll also drop Alfie a line for advice.

Thanks again

O
Hi there, if your car has telephone pre wire then all you need is a blutooth module, these clip in to the centre console inside the storage bin. There are several sorts, all around £2-300 but they all bluetooth including downloading the phone book if you have a compatible handset. Go with the factory fitted kit if you have pre wire.
I purchased the SAP module and I think it's a great system.
Paul.

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
1. Contact Alfie @ comand.co.uk who will tell you the costs/ logistics of installing/ coding.

Thanks for this info RPE, unfortunately, my e-mail was returned as undeliverable. I took out the spaces each side of the @. Am about to play with the address & try again (including another 'M' in command)

Cheers

O

Sorry, I was not making myself clear, try the website www.comand.co.uk.

OP
Omega

Omega

Reaction score
,,,, thanks Richard,,,,, my fault for being stupid !

Have now looked on thier site & dropped them a line.

Thanks for the lead.

Omega

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Get the Parrot kit ........ I've been using them for years, untill I got my new car with Bluetooth enabled ................ and prior to the parrot, I used the old fully installed phone kits ............ the Parrot is as good as they were.............

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom