Wheres the atf fluid go

eddiereilly

Reaction score
WHERES THE TRANSMISSION FLUID GO ON A W203 C240 AND A W203 C32 AMG ,
just checked mine this morning sems very low , had the cars on ramps and on my c240 theres abit fluid on the pan well a fair stain ,that would cause my gears to slip wouldnt it , the fluid is a redy colour is that ok ,i dont feel any different as to when im driving but was told by the star i had slippy gears , so best do it i think and get my new c32 done at same time

so wheres it go and what level should it be and colour when i take out

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
In the same tube you put the dip stick into this morning! use a tube otherwise it will go everywhere!!

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Neither of your cars have a dipstick for the ATF fitted to the vehicle, all you have is a dipstick tube (possibly with a sealing cap on top) fitted to the rear of the engine on the drivers side, you need to buy a dipstick from MB, if neither of your vehicles show in their history as having a gearbox fluid and filter change, get it done and this will improve the gear changes and prolong the life of the gearbox and torque converter.
I personnally would only use genuine MB ATF

LYNALL

Reaction score
You can use the flexi curtian rod as a dipstick as it goes right to the bottom of the pan so you measure up the stick, engine has to be running in park either hot or cold, bottom 2 marks are cold measurement points and top 2 are hot points.

Lynall

Attachments

• DSC00261.JPG
    DSC00261.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 68

Zebra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI
ATF and engine oil dipstick

Hi Lynall

Don't suppose you have made a dipstick to measure the engine oil level, have you?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Lynall

Don't suppose you have made a dipstick to measure the engine oil level, have you?

Some one has,do you have a dip stick tube fitted

Alcudia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 Coup Black, S280 Gold(ish)
Hi

Ive made one - get 1m of flexi spiral curtain rod.

Take the outer white plastic of the bottom 100mm and file marks into the dark gray steel at:

8mm & 19mm

54mm and 66mm

This will give you the "cold" and "hot" reading marks. If you dont take off the plastic the oil is so thin (well it should be) that its almost impossible to see the level.

Ive tested this against a proper MB one and the reading is accurate!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Here we are talking about engine and trans dip sticks :confused:

Zebra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI
Malcolm

The car does have a dipstick tube fitted for the engine oil.

Dipstick from MB is £64 + VAT so wondered if someone has made one for measuring the engine oil.

Thanks

Jim turk

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c240 2001
Hello sir ,
I have a mercedes c240 2001 with 140,000klm , the transmission went on neutral while driving by it self , i have tuned the car of and on then went back normally , the the engine light went on
i wnet to a garge they have reseted the engine code for me , the car went fine for about 20 min then the problem came back, could you please help me with that.
thanks

lwbnick

Reaction score
Website
euromerc.tumblr.com
Your Mercedes
expedition
Hello sir ,
I have a mercedes c240 2001 with 140,000klm , the transmission went on neutral while driving by it self , i have tuned the car of and on then went back normally , the the engine light went on
i wnet to a garge they have reseted the engine code for me , the car went fine for about 20 min then the problem came back, could you please help me with that.
thanks

A trip back to the garage is in order.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom