jacking points - MOT requirement?

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
hi

as some may already know i'm restoring my 1985 107 SL.

i've done quite a bit of repair to the sills. unfortunatly, the jacking tube isnt the best.

at the moment i've created the jack point hole and welded the tube on etc and all looks OEM but i wouldnt completely trust the jack point tube to hold the car so i'd use a trolly jack further back.

i was thinking of just covering up the jack point hole and not having one - at the moment its there but i wouldnt want to use it.

can anyone confirm whether this is OK for the MOT etc...?

thanks

derek

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Jacking points are not a requirement for the mot, tho blanking it off completely may make a jobs worth investigate more.. These are normally covered with plastic caps so just glue it in permanently

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As Xtractorfan, the main thing is that no rust is in the sills as these are part of the MOT

OP
SilverSaloon

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
As Xtractorfan, the main thing is that no rust is in the sills as these are part of the MOT

there is no more rust - its all been cut away and a new sheet of thick steel welded in place. the R107 doesnt have plastic covers for the sills - the holes are just exposed.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom