2004 E320 - is it any good ?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I'm sure its fine but, why do you want to change?
Its a year older and 36,000 miles more than what you have. Yes its bigger and IMO a far nicer car than what you have but the spec is pretty basic - no phone, command, memory pack etc so it's nothing unusual. Running costs will be a lot higher which you need to take into account.
No reason to say avoid though so if your heart is set, and the deal appears competitive, why not?

OP
P

PanzerMcGrory

Seems a bit expensive aswell comparing it to others on autotrader but obviously your problem is you stuck the wrong side of the Irish sea for these deals.
Scotland is the same with overpriced motors which is why i always drive down south for my cars and my E-Class was picked up on a 900 miles round trip.

OP
A

alindsay81

I'm sure its fine but, why do you want to change?
Its a year older and 36,000 miles more than what you have. Yes its bigger and IMO a far nicer car than what you have but the spec is pretty basic - no phone, command, memory pack etc so it's nothing unusual. Running costs will be a lot higher which you need to take into account.
No reason to say avoid though so if your heart is set, and the deal appears competitive, why not?

Main reason to change is horsepower and comfort. Your right spec is basic, about the same as my C220. Maybe id be better waiting till a higher spec'd one comes along...

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
Do it.......

I've had/got both the cars you mention. Had a 2006 C220CDi estate and 18 months on now have a 2004 E320CDi similar to one you are looking at but only 27k and with the panoramic roof.

The E320 is awsome. To me the C220 was 'nice' and convinced me Merc's were 'good cars' after years 'not really liking' them.

The E class is MUCH more car IMO and as to running costs my C220 used to get 40mpg if I was fairly careful. I've just done nearly 500 miles this weekend up to York, across to Liverpool and back home. Mostly motorway and mostly conducted at a genuine 80mph on cruise on fairly free flowing roads. Add a bit of town driving and some bimbling around Warwickshire today (OK and an occasional "get off my effing tail you tw*t" kickdown to the boy-racers in Saxo's leaving them for dead with 204bhp and 500Nm torque) and she's showing 42.1mpg. I am expecting to better my C class MPG on my fast commute to work. I know that isn't the be all and end all of running costs but its a big part.

Stick a private plate on it, feel like a million dollars, everyone will say "ooh, you're doing OK" and enjoy it:D

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
The E class is MUCH more car IMO and as to running costs my C220 used to get 40mpg if I was fairly careful. I've just done nearly 500 miles this weekend up to York, across to Liverpool and back home. Mostly motorway and mostly conducted at a genuine 80mph on cruise on fairly free flowing roads. Add a bit of town driving and some bimbling around Warwickshire today (OK and an occasional "get off my effing tail you tw*t" kickdown to the boy-racers in Saxo's leaving them for dead with 204bhp and 500Nm torque) and she's showing 42.1mpg. I am expecting to better my C class MPG on my fast commute to work.

Absolutely. The E and S class seem to give best economy at 70-80 mph on the motorway, and can beat an admittedly quite new C2200 overall.

OP
A

alindsay81

Thanks for all the info, i think im going to go for an E320, or larger engine. I'll wait a few months and see if something with a large spec comes along tho

Cheers
Andy.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom