Done Deal Car Insurance?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Just searching for car insurance quotes, cheapest so far is £259 from M&S.

Dearest? Done Deal, £1200!

And what does the blurb on the web site say about them?

"Done Deal, the new car insurance that cuts costs by giving you just the cover you need, no frills, no added extras, and no reduction in service."

I don't think they have really thought this one through.

Russ

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Just searching for car insurance quotes, cheapest so far is £259 from M&S.

Dearest? Done Deal, £1200!

And what does the blurb on the web site say about them?

"Done Deal, the new car insurance that cuts costs by giving you just the cover you need, no frills, no added extras, and no reduction in service."

I don't think they have really thought this one through.

Russ

The answer is in the name;)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
M & S must be OK, so why not

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I never cease to be amazed by how much they vary. I know they use complicated algorithms etc etc but you'd think that, with it being a very competitive market, they would all come up with similar answers.

I hope no insurance companies are listening but I renewed all our car insurances over the last few months and I was amazed at how much cheaper they were than last year. Even on both of the kids cars it dropped a lot.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I never cease to be amazed by how much they vary. I know they use complicated algorithms etc etc but you'd think that, with it being a very competitive market, they would all come up with similar answers.

I hope no insurance companies are listening but I renewed all our car insurances over the last few months and I was amazed at how much cheaper they were than last year. Even on both of the kids cars it dropped a lot.

Were these straight renewals with the same provider Rory, or did you shop around? Changing providers gets you the "fat juicy worm rate", whereas staying "in the keep net" generally does not result in much reduction - unless the NCD rises because of good behaviour. :neutral:

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Were these straight renewals with the same provider Rory, or did you shop around?

They were requotes but with the same providers. The renewal premium quotes were way higher.

The one I had most difficulty with was the Mercedes, insured with Frizzell (Liverpool Victoria) through CSMA membership (Mrs R is a Civil Servant).

I ran a quote through their website but they couldn't / wouldn't get anywhere near it on the phone so I cancelled the old policy and took out a new one online. 4 yrs ago I was paying £500, now it's £200.

Both the kids cars are with Admiral group, one with Admiral and one with Bell.

Admiral own Confused.com but one thing you notice with Admiral group is that different comparison sites give different prices. However if you note the quote reference they can look it up when you call and will do that price. Youngest daughters renewal was £440 and eventually got it for £300.

I used to get annoyed about this hassle but just accept it now.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom