alarm problem

Google44

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My 2001 ml270 has develope alarm fault. If doors get locked the alarm goes off. If I unlock it using remote it locks itself back and here comes the siren! If I drive it then and park it the alarms settles down. Once when it is fine I can lock it or unlock it as many times as possible it will be fine.

There is no hesitance on door locks which makes me think it is something to do with the motion of the car.

Anybody has any ideas? At least how to disconnect the siren please.

Also, any good place to buy stop light switch. Think it is on its way.

Thanks

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
I have played with ON TOW switch on the top and alarm seems to be ok now.

There seems to be no indication when that switch works. How do you activate it? Does the ignition need to be on when pressing it?

Also, where is the motion alarm sensor(switch)?

Thanks

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Your fault will be a faulty siren, very common with the alarm just goes off,,you can unplug it to test

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
Thanks for reply. How come that by pressing ON TOW switch fixes it? Does it mean that ON TOW switches all alarm off, including the siren?

Also, how do I switch the siren off then?

Thanks for helping.

Alex

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
Just done the following test;

Somehow managed to put it in tow - motion sensor off (still would like to know how to do it). Locked and armed to car while sitting inside. Waved in front of the sensor/front interior light and nothing happens - so sensor is defo off. Open the door and alarm goes off. The ON TOW must somehow switch the motion sensor off only. This should mean that motion sensor is faulty somehow.

Now can I open interior light and simple disconnect the motion? Still would like to know how to switch the siren off as well as how to put it IN TOW every time.

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is all something new to me, but someone may know the answer for this

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
would you agree that it sound like motion faulty? I am just trying to think laud now.

BTW is the siren somewhere on passinger side. How easy is to disconnect it untill this is resolved. It is very laud and neighbours dont like it :)

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It could be that,, I have not got my main computer on today yet to see the exact location,, I can look this evening though it is normally under the near side wheel arch, should be able to double check that when its going off

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
think I will to open the interior light to disconnect the motion sensor. Hope this will stop it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We have had faults where small spiders have got into motion detectors and if the fan in the OCP (mirror ass)

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
well, it was the light boulb. looks like if light boulb is faulty it sets alarm off.
Looks OK now.

Thanks for help.

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
Maybe I said this to early. Parked at work today and alarm went off about 10 secs after locking the doors. Had to do ignition on, hold ON TOW untill ------ shows as milage then ignition off while ON TOW pressed. This always works.

May need to strip that interior light after all. It did not look easy yesterday. Four scrooves and lots of clips.

Alex

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
could anybody point me toward electrical schematics for w163? In particular the alarm bit.

Thanks.

Still need to know how to disable the siren.

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You just unplug it.

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
thanks for replay. For no somehow I have managed to disable the interior sensor.

The alarm light use to lit up for about 20 secs before then siren goes off or light starts to flash. Now it starts flashing immidiately and alarm is armed. Tried it with opening the door from inside which activates the alarm.

The motion sensor must be faulty somehow. Not sure if anybody has seen anything like this before. I do know that siren seems to be everyones guess but it does not look so. It always goes off 20 secs after alarm is armed.

Has anybody replaced before the unit inside the interior light? My guess is that it is programmed to the car key unless it is just a received.

Shematics or advice would be wellcomed.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
There is no hesitance on door locks which makes me think it is something to do with the motion of the car.
Thanks

Stop the car from moving .......... then the alarm won't go off then !!

There's no charge for this advise !

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
Stop the car from moving .......... then the alarm won't go off then !!

There's no charge for this advise !

Hehe .... I wish it is that easy. If you take in acount that Eart is spining then perhaps you got the point!

My question(s) is still unanswered...;)

OP
G

Google44

Reaction score
...also what is the normal behaviour of red alarm LED from the point when vehicle is locked?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom