e300 td elegance estate1997

lacedr

Reaction score
Hi, i have just purchased a very nice car as above with lots of history and bills, but... i have just had a data check and found out the car was written off(cat C)
will this be recorded on the log book.

what do you think i should do ? i paid £1800 for the car

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
If you bought from a dealer with premises then they are required by law to inform you so if you did buy from a dealer you have everyright to ask for money back.

If bought private your on your own i'm afraid,nothing you can do excpet hope you bought from a really nice and understanding person.

One thing tho,at that price if the miles are sensible then it does seem that it is the right price to pay for a Cat C,a non Cat C car would sell for double easy.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is not CAT C stolen and recovered only

OP
L

lacedr

Reaction score
No,not from a dealer.private the guy seemed genuine enough.
with lots of mb s/h and bills and very clean.
i have placed a deposit on the car and will collect thursday.

Perhaps as you say it is reflected in the price and to be honest with you i am not that fussed about it,just wanted an opinion to see really.

I believe catorgory c:

Vehicles in this category have been damaged but may be repaired but the insurer has decided not to repair this vehicle

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
No,not from a dealer.private the guy seemed genuine enough.
with lots of mb s/h and bills and very clean.
i have placed a deposit on the car and will collect thursday.

Perhaps as you say it is reflected in the price and to be honest with you i am not that fussed about it,just wanted an opinion to see really.

I believe catorgory c:

Vehicles in this category have been damaged but may be repaired but the insurer has decided not to repair this vehicle

Cat C is usually not a problem,nothing I would worry about anyway as long as the car has a valid MOT(checked via www.motinfo.gov.uk ) and it seems in good order.You can get a bargain

OP
L

lacedr

Reaction score
Cat C is usually not a problem,nothing I would worry about anyway as long as the car has a valid MOT(checked via www.motinfo.gov.uk ) and it seems in good order.You can get a bargain

Ok. Thanks, i will check out the mot to check it is a valid one.
Thats what i waas hoping for.

i will let you know tomorrow.

thanks for the advice

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom