Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
So it really was Michael Schumacher as revealed on Top Gear tonite

japimport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
mercedes c200 sport,mercedes c200 elegance
i watched it myself,i thought it was funny, they tried to make it out to be michael shumacher,if michael shumacher was driving that resonably priced car,he would be on top of the board,they are probably trying to get michael on the show,anyways i think the stig is either,nigel mansell or damon hill.

Birdman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55, Phaeton, Fireblade CBR1000RR
Herr Schumacher's confidential wink to Jeremy as he removed his helmet said it all. It was a wind-up. But he certainly drove that Ferrari FSX like he stole it. My main thought watching the lap was Stig was taking some rather expensive chances. But as it turned out to be MS behind the wheel I guess that rules out such thoughts. Hell, it was probably his own car.
But as conversational topics included Abarth 500, Chroma, Bacardi and of course the Ferrari it suggests MS was there to plug brands (not least his own). So we won't see him there again as the Stig.
But a great gig and wonderful TV.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Stig does have the highest laptime in reasonably prices car, If you all remember he is at the top of the board where the other F1 drivers are posted and if you remember noone has been able to beat his time yet.

I think it was MS all along and they maybe presented him the way they did as they wanted us to keep guessing even after revealing the truth.

colouredcob

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 230 with AMG body kit yum yum
I think it was all a bit of a wind up as the stigs real ID has always been super secretive.

Cob

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k
I think you will find that the Stig is Ben Collins, Mr Schumacher was there to drive that £1 million Ferrari!!

Danny341

Reaction score
i agree on the ben collins idea, And i also agree it was just a better way of introducing MS as a guest on the show....

But i dont really want to know who the stig is, i love the act and secracy of it all :)

White230CE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230CE
I wonder if the guests on the show ever met the Stig without his helmet, when he was teaching them. Alternatively, even with the helmet on, MS has a pretty distinctive voice, speaking style and accent - unless it was electronically disguised.

The point I'm getting at is, if the Stig isn't MS, surely it won't be long before one of the guests pipes up? Even if they originally signed a non-disclosure agreement, the revelation of MS as the Stig may just have waived that!

Taking all that into account, if no one pipes up to say otherwise, I would be satisfied that MS is/was indeed the Stig.

Incidentally, when MS was asked on F1 last year what he thought of Lewis Hamilton, he was very careful to be indifferent. But fans of Top Gear will know that when Lewis did his timed lap in the wet, Stig was, according to Clarkson, sooooooooooo impressed at how quick Lewis was, especially given the track was new to Lewis. So now we know that MS really really rates Lewis! :D

OP
Xtractorfan

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
On the BBC news this morning Kate Silverton... babe.. mentioned tthat when the stig took her out on a run she saw a whiff of blonde hair delow the helmet..so schuey doesnt have blonde hair..

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k
Oh it must be M Schumacher, he must be Stig, he earns 25 million a year with Ferrari, plus other monies, and you believe he turns up at the top gear track every wed to drive for the BBC!!

The Ferrari he drove last night cost 1 million, and it stays with Ferrari, and you borrow it now and again, it was probably his own car!!

Ben Collins is one of about 4 different drivers they use.

OP
Xtractorfan

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes but appearing on top gear with J clarkson & co. every week must make that 25 mill seem small

A

alindsay81

The ferrari was his own car, they give it to him when he quit F1, it was the 30th and last one made

gibsones135

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA 250 4MATIC 2014
Oh it must be M Schumacher, he must be Stig, he earns 25 million a year with Ferrari, plus other monies, and you believe he turns up at the top gear track every wed to drive for the BBC!!

The Ferrari he drove last night cost 1 million, and it stays with Ferrari, and you borrow it now and again, it was probably his own car!!

Ben Collins is one of about 4 different drivers they use.

I'm with you, oh mad one! :lol:

turnipsock

Reaction score
I think the Stig is a varity of drivers...just depends who they can get on the day.

The body shape and the movements for the Stig wasn't the same as the MS Stig.

Top Gear also seems to be able to drag in most of the BTC drivers whenever they want so chances are they are involved..

exchangeandmart

Reaction score
Im a bit of a conspiracy theory too, im sure there are lots of different stigs, hence the anonymity.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Im a bit of a conspiracy theory too, im sure there are lots of different stigs, hence the anonymity.

It's more pragmatic than that, I'm afraid.

It's a risky job, and they've lost a few over the years, but as they are anonymous it saves upsetting the public (or discouraging fresh applicants). :rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think the Stig is a varity of drivers...just depends who they can get on the day.

The body shape and the movements for the Stig wasn't the same as the MS Stig.

Top Gear also seems to be able to drag in most of the BTC drivers whenever they want so chances are they are involved..

Yes they do have about 8 stigs , I met someone that lived next door to one

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
I keep having to repeat this

two of them are Turnip and me.
Go on, see if you catch me posting tomorrow. I haven't worked out how to do that while going around Dunsfold sideways....yet.

OP
Xtractorfan

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
two of them are Turnip and me.
Go on, see if you catch me posting tomorrow. I haven't worked out how to do that while going around Dunsfold sideways....yet.

Which now means next week there will be a new stig, as you arent allowed to tell anyone..

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Stig does have the highest laptime in reasonably prices car, If you all remember he is at the top of the board where the other F1 drivers are posted and if you remember noone has been able to beat his time yet.

however those of us that remember the episode will remember that the stig set his time in the suzuki liana (on a dry day)and lewis hamilton was 0.3 sec slower around the track. this time was set on a wet and oily track after a car (bmw if memory serves me) had a diff explode and leak all over the track! clarkson said at the time that even the stig wanted to know how he managed such a fast time!

Top Bottom