Anyone used DMS at Southampton

ricky s

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
as signature
I would be intrested to hear anybodys opinion or experience of DMS engine performance tuners in Southampton. From my research they appear to have a very good name, but I have never used them, but am thinking of upgrading the performance of my car. Any comments appreciated.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I presume you are talking about E55 AMG??

I have their work on my C32, and for some while now... Always been thrilled with it, and recommend them highly, although it has been six years...

aquanaut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 C63s AMG
I used them for my C55 and was very pleased at the results!

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
They have some good recomendations but some not so good ones either.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
They are just down the road from me, and I have only heard good things, but to be fair that was only for their exhausts systems.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Hi,
They are just down the road from me, and I have only heard good things, but to be fair that was only for their exhausts systems.

Andy...

I see in your signature that you have K&N filter in your C230 engine... has it been good? was it panel filter? any issues, or any noticable gains?

cheers

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
I bought the K&N panel filter, purely as I was doing so many miles in the car and at £22 for a standard filter, I thought it would pay for itself within the space of a couple of services, and it has to be honest.
It felt slightly more powerful, though to be honest it could of just been my imagination though. But it was more economical I always get 30+ MPG in it and sometimes if I drive like a nun I can get up to 35-36MPG.
There is some school of thought that the K&N damages your MAF, due to oil the filter is soaked in, now I had to replace my MAF within a few thousand miles of fitting the K&N, but 70,000miles later that MAF is still going strong. I personnally think that if the oil is applied to the filter sparingly, and as K&N instruction, there is no problem. I personnally think its over oiling that has caused this reputation.

Top Bottom