New E Class and E Class Coupe -test drives?

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
It would be nice to see some more reports from those who have test driven the new E's and feel up to giving us all some early impressions.

Or the new E class coupe

Meanwhile worth reading this article based on top MB sources:-

2010 Mercedes E-Class Coupe is based on W204 C-Class Platformhttp://www.worldcarfans.com/1090520...class-coupe-is-based-on-w204-c-class-platform

Here’s the nub of what it says; -
“Speaking with Wolfgang Bremm, E-Class product manager, Automotive News has confirmed that the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe is in fact based on the C-Class platform, not on the E-Class after which it is named. This is the very same C-Class platform officially called the W204. Renaming the car that replaced the two-door CLK as an E-Class is interesting to say the least, but it follows Merc's previous production of basing the W209 CLK on the W203 C-Class platform.
The new E-Class sedan uses a platform codenamed W212 which is clearly not W204. Speculation is that the E coupe's platform designation is C207.
The question may arise as to why Merc would rename the car after the E-Class when it's based on another. Ernst Lieb, CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA says one of the answers is that the car performs better for its intended purposes with C-Class underpinnings than it would with E-Class architecture. But more telling a reason is that customers will be far more willing to fork out more money for something called an E-Class Coupe rather than one called a C-Class Coupe, especially at the higher end where the margins are bigger.”

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Interesting on the Coupe, the interior between saloon and coupe are very similar the dashboard and centre console looked exactly the same to me. I don't have the paperwork with me but I would expect differences in wheelbase and track if based on different floorplans.

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Interesting on the Coupe, the interior between saloon and coupe are very similar the dashboard and centre console looked exactly the same to me. I don't have the paperwork with me but I would expect differences in wheelbase and track if based on different floorplans.

According to the MB website the so-called "E class coupe" has a wheelbase identical to the C class saloon at about 100mm (four inches in real money) shorter than the new E class.

White230CE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230CE
Copying BMW perhaps? If I remember correctly, the Range Rover Sport is built on a Land Rover platform...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Copying BMW perhaps? If I remember correctly, the Range Rover Sport is built on a Land Rover platform...
The RR Sport is on a Discovery chassis, that is very easy to spot as you can see the spare wheel hanging under the back the same as the Disco 3

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Anyone driven the new E saloon or coupe yet?

P

PanzerMcGrory

Question is where will it be built?

If it is in some south african township like the c-class then you can shove it but if it gets built in the Groß Deutsches Reich then its maybe worth a look.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom