E320 CDi 2003

sachkhund

Reaction score
Hello Folks, my car interior lights do not come on when the doors are open, and the cluster driver window switch does not work.
I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. Can anyone help?
Thank you

Last edited:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
welcome to the forums. im assuming you have checked the fuses in all the fuse locations? i think theres 3 on my w210 so id imagine your w211 would be similar? are the lights swiched to come on with the doors? have you tried them again in the dark as they are often light sensitive and therefore do not operate during daylight hours!

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Hello Folks, my car interior lights do not come on when the doors are open, and the cluster driver window switch does not work.
I have checked all the fuses and they are fine. Can anyone help?
Thank you

As for turbopete - don't panic until you have tried all the switches in all the positions.

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago - I think after I had been using a reading light at night. I must have inadvertently altered the position of one of the other switches in the ceiling arrangements beside the interior mirror. Try as I may, I could not get it right.

So I went off, had a cup of tea, thought about it and when I went back to it, solved the problem with the next combination I tried.

Don't weaken - good luck.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
dad had the same with the lights on his 2001 w203. till he opened the door in the dark............

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I agree with all of the above, these things a 3 way lamps, off/on and when you open a door

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Malcolm agrees. we must be going along the right lines then! :lol::shock::lol::shock::lol:

OP
S

sachkhund

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick replies, however I have no power to the window cluster switch also. I can manually turn the interior lights on but they do not work automatically when the doors open.
Funny thing is that it was all working fine before.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom