Loss of power

DaveE320CDI

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E55 Kompressor
Hi Folks, my W211 e320cdi is at it again, Second time this has happened within last day or so loss of power while driving at about 30mph try to accelerate and nothing, just as though throttle pedal not attached to engine, i know its potentiometer but you get the drift! does not change gear or engine revs increase, but if i stop and turn engine off then restart then all is OK again, any ideas gents many thanks Dave

xitrum_dalat

Reaction score
I will check for fuel filter.

Do you remember last time when you change it?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would go for the MAF, unplug it and try the car

OP
D

DaveE320CDI

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E55 Kompressor
Thanks for the replys, not fuel filter only serviced it 5k miles ago! could be Maf though Malcolm good call will try tomorrow cheers Dave

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Hole in intercooler/ turbo pipe, putting a fault in system, then limping?

When pulling away, any hissing noises?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I would go for the MAF, unplug it and try the car

Hole in intercooler/ turbo pipe, putting a fault in system, then limping?

When pulling away, any hissing noises?

Mine managed both at the same time!
Same symptoms though - effectievly turns off the turbo. Restart clears it until the next fault is logged. If its not been changed in the last few years my money is on the MAF.

anthony83

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270 cdi 2000
Mine managed both at the same time!
Same symptoms though - effectievly turns off the turbo. Restart clears it until the next fault is logged. If its not been changed in the last few years my money is on the MAF.

Hi all i am new to this forum, i have just bought a ml270 cdi 2000 and i am having the same problems with that, no power and not changing past 2nd gear and limiting me to 35mph. Can anyone tell me what MAF means? and any ideas with my problem? Cheers, anthony.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi all i am new to this forum, i have just bought a ml270 cdi 2000 and i am having the same problems with that, no power and not changing past 2nd gear and limiting me to 35mph. Can anyone tell me what MAF means? and any ideas with my problem? Cheers, anthony.

Hello and welcome,,its 14 in the link.

TheMAF is the mass air flow gauge that monitors the air temp and speed of the air going into the engine.

A member here sells them cheap, you can unplug yours to see if it make any difference

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...GM=716.644&CT=M&cat=21T&SID=09&SGR=015&SGN=01

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
I have 160k up now and encountered these problems.

MAF fault felt like a big lump with no turbo, just normally aspirated, would acelerate but slowly and would change gear. Felt just like the old 2.30 Peugeot diesel engines and Ford Sierra diesel engines, painfully slow because it seeminly blocks off the turbo. MAF is comparatively inexpensive and its a normal enough replacement item.

Had a failure in the gear transmission, max 35mph, struck in second, sometimes reset if restarted, intermittent at first then eventually total. Cost around €300 to fix, not too bad.

OP
D

DaveE320CDI

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E55 Kompressor
Who sells the maff sensors cheap Malcolm? cheers Dave

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Dave,

I have sent you an email.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom