Fluctuating/losing power

sazzy

Reaction score
Hi, I have an E320. Recently it has been losing power/or the power is fluctuating, especially if I put my foot down. On a couple of occasions it has significantly lost power and the display comes up with "Elect Stab Prog" visit workshop. If I turn the engine off it seems to rectify the problem (more or less).

I am going to take it in next week, but I would really like to know what it is likely to cost and what is wrong with it. Being a woman I have been caught out before by an unscrupulous garage thinking that they could charge me for work that didn't need doing (not with my Merc though). I would like to take it in having an idea of what is wrong.

Any thoughts would be most welcome. Thanks

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Is it a late 320 with the v6 engine, seen a lot of these throw up comm faults with engine control when the crank sensors were breaking down!

OP
S

sazzy

Reaction score
It is a Y reg, as for being a V6, sorry to be such a girl, but I don't know! What are crank sensors and is it a big job to sort?

Thanks and sorry for being so useless!

:Oops:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
In that case a trip to some one who has a star machine, that could be so many things! i suspect its a brake light switch or a rpm sensor, both cheap to replace!

OP
S

sazzy

Reaction score
Aha! Firstly, thank you very much, I'm on my second Mercedes Benz, I LOVE them, but the bills do make you sweat a bit!

Re your brake light sensor comment. Every time I replace a bulb another blows, could this be linked then? Sorry to be a pest and asking lots of questions.

Thnaks once again

Sazzy

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Aha! Firstly, thank you very much, I'm on my second Mercedes Benz, I LOVE them, but the bills do make you sweat a bit!

Re your brake light sensor comment. Every time I replace a bulb another blows, could this be linked then? Sorry to be a pest and asking lots of questions.

Thnaks once again

Sazzy

bulbs COULD be linked, but i think its unlikely,unless its the same bulb everytime, and even then it could be a faulty batch of bulbs! things like that often seem to go 1 after another. i had a spell where i needed a bulb replaced every week for about 6 weeks! then nothing with the same vehicle the rest of the time i had it!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Bulbs blowing are a coincidence unless a known thing like on the 210 rear lights

JohnRoberts

New Registration
Reaction score
For your concern, you can have a better car performance if your car parts are not yet damaged.

Top Bottom