AAARRRHHH!!! Help Please Fuel Pump relay!!!

christopher.cross

Reaction score
Hi Members.
Please an anyone tell me if the fuel pump relay is a coloured box or is it the odd one out silver box inside the fuse box??? unfortunately the relays are not named? Also I was quoted £75.00 from G/Swedish??? This seems really high for a simple relay??????? :shock:
Many Thanks Chris

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Try a simple test -Take it out and the engine will turn over but not start ?
When you have found it bridge the pins and it will work again .

louwdj

Reaction score
If its the same relay as in the W123 range, it is far from a simple relay. It switches the fuel pump off in case of roll-over and could save lives. Bridging should only be done in a emergency. On the W123 its behind the glovebox, on the W460 above the accelarator pedal.

UKP75 sounds about the going rate. Check, it could just be a dry joint needing resoldering.

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Yes -Only Early 123 in back of glove box --later in engine compartment The sec , I think are under the bonnet as well and the bridging is only part of the test to find the fault ?
Dronsfields sell them secondhand (tested) around £20.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have a feeling that it is just under the dash on a 126.

for testing purposes you can take it out and bridge pins number 7 & 8 this will run the fuel pumps all the time

OP
C

christopher.cross

Reaction score
Hi Members. sorry my car is a 1885 sec 380coupe.2 am now pretty sure its a silver relay at the very top of the fuse box under hood on the left. The pump is working (direct wire from battery)and I have checked earthing. hopefully new or tested 2nd hand relay will solve problem?Will let you know and will post pic soon as just had 3/4 respray.Thanks to all.Chris

OP
C

christopher.cross

Reaction score
Many thanks Members for help.
I have solved problem with a new fuel pump relay. For future reference it was the largest of the relays in the fuse box and it was a black 7 pin unit with kickdown written on the side.German and Swedish do not stock these but were helpful in pointing me to KMS in Park Royal who stock a good range of hard to source items for the 380 SEC.
Thanks again.... Chris

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom