Intercooler damage

mercedes51

Reaction score
I live in Clevedon but was originally born in Live
Your Mercedes
I drive an E-Class 320 CDI
Can anyone advise if I have experienced a rare event? Took my E-Class for its first MOT and whilst it passed I was dismayed to be told that the intercooler had suffered stone damge and was leaking. How rare is this am I the only one to have suffered out there?:mad:

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
This does happen, being at the front of the car it is the most exposed component along with the water/ aircon radiatior which can fail due to stones etc..

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
It is very likely that it can easily be repaired at little cost compared to the new price, take it along to a radiator repair company like the one below.

http://www.raysons.fsnet.co.uk/

OP
M

mercedes51

Reaction score
I live in Clevedon but was originally born in Live
Your Mercedes
I drive an E-Class 320 CDI
intercooler stone damage

It is very likely that it can easily be repaired at little cost compared to the new price, take it along to a radiator repair company like the one below.

http://www.raysons.fsnet.co.uk/

At the moment Mercedes are saying it cannot be reapired because the intercooler is to thin, I wasn't particulary impressed that the repair cost including labour is circ £570. If I could get it repaired I would but would this then negate the life cover Mercedes offer depaneding on reparing being conducted in-house?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
May be worth speaking to ypur insurance company..as the intercooler was accidently damaged they may foot the bill, and you will only have to pay the excess on the claim Tho' you would need to check if you have a protected no claims bonus.. it helps if you have , your premium will not go up next renewal...

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
At the moment Mercedes are saying it cannot be reapired because the intercooler is to thin, I wasn't particulary impressed that the repair cost including labour is circ £570. If I could get it repaired I would but would this then negate the life cover Mercedes offer depaneding on reparing being conducted in-house?

I've used Raysons in the past and any repair they carry out would be 'invisible', in other words, MB would be none the wiser that a repair had been actioned..........they just want to sell you a new intercooler!

Take the car to Raysons and get their opinion..........either that or spend £570!

clktme

Reaction score
I have a CLK 220 and in an accident the Intercooler was crushed. Anyone know how much it might cost to replace.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Hiya CLKTME, welcome to the forum. I would suggest you create a new topic, and put in some details of where you are etc then some of the wise men here may know of a decent indie in your neck of the woods :)

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom