What REALLY grinds my gears!....a sunday rant

joe1972

Reaction score
We awoke this morning to find a pizza menu on the door mat. Nothing unusual about that. We live quite close to lots of fast food outlets, so get a few, and to be honest have ordered from a couple.

HOWEVER....
Going outside, I realised the same pizza menu had been put under the wiper of all three cars on the driveway. Except, he obviously couldn't reach under the windscreen wiper of the e300d, due to the way it was parked....so just threw it on the bonnet!

We live in Manchester, we've had some rain in the night, so the feckers have stuck!!!!

It was only the missus that stopped me shoving the remnants back down the moron's throat when I saw him going back up the street doing the same on the other side of the road.

Parked in an NCP, side of the road is one thing........but on the driveway???!!!! MUPPET

rant over:mad::mad:

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Good job it doesn't take a brain surgeon to throw a pizza together. :shock:

OP
J

joe1972

Reaction score
LOL!

I don't think they can even manage that properly....Ashy's Pizza is awful. I drove past the place a week or so ago, and it didn't look like the kind of joint you'd want to eat from, and smelt of stale fat

D1gger5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently Capri 280, 2 Litre S and 3 Litre Ghia
Its the damn post office deliveries of mailshots that get me.

If I wanted double glazing then I'd get someone in to give me quotes/etc.
I am not old enough for anything Saga (sorry to be ageist).
No you cannot save me money on my car insurance.
And you would have to be god to put cavity wall insulation in my house (solid walls).

Its a damn good job I am miles from the nearest fast food outlet as a house remortgage would be needed for delivery.

Diggers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I wonder what life is like, for a telephone plastic window salesman

C

C180 Chris

I Hate Salesmen and women of all sorts and have barged through those nasty little types that push leaflets in your face as you walk down the streets as well as being famed for running the electricity company clown down my drive because he told me that because i did not want to change to his company i must have too much money and enjoy throwing it away!!
The only thing that got thrown anywhere that day was him ....out of my property!! They have not come to my door since i note:D:D

I work on a simple principle....
I know my own mind, and if i want something i will make my own decision about it without the help of our permatanned friends.

I find them all greasy and slimey and would not trust them to look after my cat! (and i don't like him)

P

PanzerMcGrory

I Hate Salesmen and women of all sorts and have barged through those nasty little types that push leaflets in your face as you walk down the streets as well as being famed for running the electricity company clown down my drive because he told me that because i did not want to change to his company i must have too much money and enjoy throwing it away!!
The only thing that got thrown anywhere that day was him ....out of my property!! They have not come to my door since i note:D:D

I know my own mind, and if i want something i will make my own decision about it without the help of our permatanned friends.

I find them all greasy and slimey and would not trust them to look after my cat! (and i don't like him)

Im with you my man, all salesmen are bullsh#tting slime and the worst of all is the car salesman, i have never dealt with one that i didnt want to take a mash hammer to his skull.

A180 Dream

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Avantgarde SE Blue EFFICIENCY (1.7 Petrol)

They are only trying to earn a living for themselves...........they may not have the sort of money that you appear to have.........................try to be more tolerant :D

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes absolutely..times are hard for them.. they have to find people with money somewhere, and remember some of them may have been bankers..or will be in the future..
If there is a future. cos we dont know, havent been there..............

A180 Dream

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 Avantgarde SE Blue EFFICIENCY (1.7 Petrol)
Yes absolutely..times are hard for them.. they have to find people with money somewhere, and remember some of them may have been bankers..or will be in the future..
If there is a future. cos we dont know, havent been there..............

The "Future" is only todays tommorow :p..............(To quote TOYOTA)

C

C180 Chris

They are only trying to earn a living for themselves...........they may not have the sort of money that you appear to have.........................try to be more tolerant :D

I have no objection to these people trying to earn a living just as long as it does not disturb my day!
How much money one has or does not have is not the issue here, these people will often stop at nothing to sell you whatever they are selling. I have had these sales types lie to me just to try and get a sale! They are for the most part Slimey people trying to con us out of our money.
The electric guy would have had an easier run with me if he had said "can i give you this info and my number is on the top if you wish to take me up on the offer sir"......Not If you don't want this you must have too much money, how dare they!
I would rather earn an HONEST living and be able to hold my head up high than spend my day telling lie's to hit my sales targets and not caring about the people i con along the way (some for whom the money i con from them may well be all they have)

I know.....I'm not tolerant.....I am deeply flawed, but honest:D:D:D

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes some salesmen would say rather deeply flawed..but have you ever watched those watchdog programmes or the holiday rip off time share scam where people actually give in to this bull ... now those sales guys I have no time for

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
I have no objection to these people trying to earn a living just as long as it does not disturb my day!

How do they know if they are going to do that or not?

I personally think it's a bit of a bullish attitude, after all, do you know everything? They might, just might, have a good idea that you like.

C

C180 Chris

I think it's all in the way they ask though
Whilst i am prepared to listen to someone selling an item or service if they are polite and respectful i am not prepared for someone to tell me that i must have too much money because i don't want the thing that they are pushing!
Although i rarely take sales offers up i would be prepared to give them the time of day if they drop the wise cracks, sadly it seems all too much to ask of these people. Only the other day i answered the door to a guy who said
"It's ok i'm not as scarey as i look" He was trying to sell something or other, but because of his stupid intro i did not allow him to continue, had the same guy came to the door and said "good morning sir, i'm sorry to bother you....."
he would have got all the way to the end of his pitch, even though it's unlikely that i would have bought whatever he had to sell i would have allowed him to continue.
If it needs to have a salesman pushing it then i reckon it's probably not worth having anyway.
I would love to know what kind of little geek trains these people?
Are these people grown in a greenhouse somewhere?
What makes them think that people will respond to being told they must have too much money or that they are not as scarey as they look?
To be quite honest he didn't look scarey to me at all, in fact he looked like a target to me, and if thats his spiel then i would be surprised if he does not get a real good hiding from someone less tolerant than me one day!

we do not need wiseguys knocking on our doors trying to meet sales targets by telling us lies. It's bad enough that even ex D telephone numbers such as mine do still get the odd sales call and i see that 118 whatever they are called are starting on mobiles too now.
We don't need this rubbish, they are parasites plain and simple!

The Hooded Claw

Reaction score
Best one I ever had was a Double glazing salesman knocked on my PVCU DOUBLE GLAZED DOOR, I waved at him thru my PVCU DOUBLE GLAZED WINDOW & gestured him to come around the side to my DOUBLE GLAZED CONSERVATORY & THE first thing he said was.

CAN I INTEREST YOU IN SOME DOUBLE GLAZING SIR!!!!!!

to which my reply was .....Errrrr does it look like it MORON!!!!!

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
The way i see it if you need new windows or a kitchen you go & look for what you need NOT wait till some knob phones or knocks on the door so why do the t?ts still phone :mad: though they now call it a survey........****es me off

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I had a double-glazing call and I told the girl, who was making the appointment for the salesman to call, that I was interested in a conservatory. She made the appointment for a couple of weeks hence but, and I really couldn't understand why she did this, she put the phone down when I explained I was in a first floor flat. :confused:

D1gger5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Currently Capri 280, 2 Litre S and 3 Litre Ghia
Thanks HC, here's some good ones I use:-

1. In store utility suppliers offering to save me money on Electric/Gas. I ask if the are god. Why because my gas costs nothing because there is no gas main where I live - they cannot save me money on gas unless they pay me!!!

2 The home phone sales people (usually Talk Talk) ask about my home phone and I always reply that I don't have one.

3. Then the unsolicited phone calls - I've signed up to TPS therefore they should not be phoning me.

Diggers

C

C180 Chris

3. Then the unsolicited phone calls - I've signed up to TPS therefore they should not be phoning me

I have also signed up to TPS, but by the time you say that they have already disturbed you.

Electric inner gates and someone to screen your calls sounds like the best idea:D:D

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I have also signed up to TPS, but by the time you say that they have already disturbed you.

Electric inner gates and someone to screen your calls sounds like the best idea:D:D

Sandbags and barbed wire, plus 2 Claymores with complementary arcs. Worked for the last lot of missionaries!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom