Aerosol Stone Chip?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The aerosols sold use acrylic paint, as it is the only sort that can be sold over the counter in shops, the pens are much easier to use on stone chips.

Most touching up is best done with just the aerosols or pens as it comes,,any top clear coat will make the finish darker than the original.

If you put the car into a coach works for a complete re spray then the acrylic will curdle and bubble up if the car has been waxed, and a coach builder would remove it first as they sand flatten the surface to be done

OP
robs-mbz

robs-mbz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 E300TD
When I said stone chip I meant the protective, durable coating that is applied to sills.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
So sorry,,"I got it wrong mum again"

Malcolm, even you cant get everything right everytime!

dont know what its called but ive used the stuff halfords sell a number of times, and it has always been fine!

rob the painter

Reaction score
3m produce a really good aerosol stone chip guard. It has good adhesion and the finish is not to coarse. A good paint factor will stock it. I wouldn't reccommend anything from Halfords though; i've not seen a good product there yet!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
3m are way overrated with all their products, their current masking tape is rubbish, their polish is not up to speed, their scotchbrite and sandpaper is easily outrated by many of the european brands.. they are a bit like a lot of big companies resting on their laurels or previous good name..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
3m are way overrated with all their products, their current masking tape is rubbish, their polish is not up to speed, their scotchbrite and sandpaper is easily outrated by many of the european brands.. they are a bit like a lot of big companies resting on their laurels or previous good name..

And I see that ICI have pulled out of the car paint market.
As for 3m did they ever make a good product,,their audio tape was the worst on offer

rob the painter

Reaction score

I quite agree. There are only a couple of 3m products i use that are any good. It's all trial and error....

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom