W201 keeps shaking when standing still and when starting the engine it stops working.

T

teron-gorefiend

hi,

I have a 86 Mercedes 190E 2.0. and the 190 keeps shaking when standing still and when starting the engine first time of the day it stops working when giving gas.

Ofcourse if you play with the throttle it will work eventually. But this is not the way i want to drive my car.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Possible air leak, From memory these cars had a pipe underneath the manifold that was prone to splitting have alokk under the manifold, also fuel pump relay can cause problems..

OP
T

teron-gorefiend

I think there is also something wrong with the fuel pump. Because my fuel meter keeps jumping left and right from time to time.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Yes the fuel pump relay could be at fault as already stated check it out

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think there is also something wrong with the fuel pump. Because my fuel meter keeps jumping left and right from time to time.

If you mean the eco gauge,,this is vacuum controlled and nothing to do with starting

OP
T

teron-gorefiend

ok i will check the fuel pump relay as soon as the guy from the garage comes back from his vacation.

@ television.

Its not the eco gauge.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom