rear mudflaps on a R107

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
hi

is there anyone on here with a R107 SL with rear mudflaps fitted?

i have a set of genuine ones meant for my car but from holding against where i would clamp them onto, it leaves a gap between the top of the mudflap and the bodywork.

i've seen one SL for sale on ebay that has similar issue.

it seems a bit strange and if anyone who has an SL the same with mudflaps could advise on what theirs is like and whats covered and not covered & where it clips onto

here is a (very) crude diagram of what i mean. looking directly at the mudflap from the wheel side. the box at the top is the boot space, the curvy bit is the rear valance and the line at the side is supposed to inidcate the wheel arch wall/shock absorber.

crude_mudflap_pic.jpg

left diagram shows car without mudflap, right diagram with the mudflap (blue) and the red marks indicate the gap i'm talking about. sorry for the diagram, i know its poor!!

cheers!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The one that I do work on sometimes is just down the road,,If fitted with them I will post back

OP
SilverSaloon

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
The one that I do work on sometimes is just down the road,,If fitted with them I will post back

thanks. a sneaky photo tells a thousand words :)

i appreciate your help!

derek

OP
SilverSaloon

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
i'm now sorted with this. the mudflap does indeed just have the gap in it like the diagram above. Two other 107 SL's (factory fitted) have confirmed this.

They fit on with metal straps if the flap mount doesnt quite meet the body.

osc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1971 450SL; 1989 911 3.2 Carrera Targa; 1999 BMW 728i
can i see the pic, i pulled a set of rear flaps from another MB and i want to fit them to my 107 - the pic would help to confirm if i have the correct ones.

Top Bottom