scratch remover

C

C180 Chris

Hi All,

I just saw an ad for car scratch remover from JML and wondered if anyone has tried it? It is available for Asda and the usual JML suppliers for i think £10.00.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is there any such thing Chris that T cut or any of the other products will not do, you can either polish them out if not too deep, or fill them

Rafman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A220 AMG
Scratch Remover JML

Hi,

I looked at that as well and decided to take the plunge and try it on my C220 CDI with metallic silver bodywork. It has the usual scratch marks from everyday use and all I can say is if the scratches are only light surface abrasions then the product works very well. As usual if the scratches are deeper then all the rubbing in the world will not hide them, but it does work and appears to be gentle on the paintwork. For a tenner it was worth the trial. Hope this helps.:D

OP
C

C180 Chris

Thanks Malcolm and Steve,

I suppose that T Cut is about as good as it gets, but had seen the ad and wondered if it was any better.:D:D

Rafman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A220 AMG
Hi Chris,

I think that it might be worth giving it a go as it does not seem to take off a layer of paint like T Cut does, so may be more gentle in the long run. You have nothing to lose.:D

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
T cut is a fine polish and removes some but very little surface paint ..It is outdated as it was primarily for celloulose paint and worked very well on it,, Todays polishes are made for the harder baked finish and need elbow grease or a machine to make a good job of them, The JML stuff is just a fine abrasive and it does work on fine scrathces.. toothpaste will also remove very fine scratches...........remember to wax over the polished areas to complete the shine and protect the paint..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
T cut is a fine polish and removes some but very little surface paint ..It is outdated as it was primarily for celloulose paint and worked very well on it,, Todays polishes are made for the harder baked finish and need elbow grease or a machine to make a good job of them, The JML stuff is just a fine abrasive and it does work on fine scrathces.. toothpaste will also remove very fine scratches...........remember to wax over the polished areas to complete the shine and protect the paint..

And if you are using the wife's tooth brush, do wash it well before you put it back;);)

OP
C

C180 Chris

:evil::evil:Maybe not washing the wifes toothbrush is the idea:evil::evil:

pomm001

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R231 A clas W169

In my opion 3M Finesse it is the best all rounder for removing fine scratches in the clear coat, its finer that most polishes , and it would be difficult to do any real damage with it . i use it on my 211, it will even polish persex , i use on my bike's screen , but doesnt have the nasty residue that T cut has

tjamesbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 CLK430, 2007 VITO 3.0V6 , W124's (1994 320TE , 1993 220TE ) , 07 2.5 X-Type
Auto Express did a review of these products the best was the Autoglym paint renovator, all the autoglym products appear to be quality products do an on line search for the review. Just Bought some to polish some scratches on the trusty 124 but not had time to use it and report back yet .

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
In my opion 3M Finesse it is the best all rounder for removing fine scratches in the clear coat, its finer that most polishes , and it would be difficult to do any real damage with it . i use it on my 211, it will even polish persex , i use on my bike's screen , but doesnt have the nasty residue that T cut has

The 3m finesse it is a good product..one of the few good things 3M make, it is specially formulated for fine cutting the hard lacquered 2 pack finishes.. also very good for removing the buffing swirl marks from dark cars ..

But I think almost £20 for a 1 litre bottle.. there is also 'Hand Glaze' 3m again and it is good as well

Last edited:

discoking

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
1985 500SEL
My mam bought that JML stuff when shopping and while it certainly does work it's not a patch on G3 or similar products.However it worked an absolute treat on my soft top plastic windows,seriously they look brand new now(minus the splits at sides).

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom