Can you solve my service interval mystery?

amazon786

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 Avantgarde 55
Hi All

The last Service on my C180k was a B-Service at 19,427 miles just before I bought it.

Odometer is now reading at 28,127 miles. Yesterday ASSYST was displaying next A-Service after another 4,800 miles. However, today it showing as 30 days only!!!!

What's that all about?

Has this happend to anyone else.

This will be my first Merc service so some advice will be much appreciated.

Regards

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Service intervals are worked out on time as well as mileage which ever is sooner, 2 years i believe is the required time interval between services regardless of mileage covered.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Service intervals are worked out on time as well as mileage which ever is sooner, 2 years i believe is the required time interval between services regardless of mileage covered.

The time element of the interval changed at one point. 2 years was probably correct for a 55 plate car, but by 07 it had changed to annual, or 15,500, whichever came first.

Precisely when the change took place I don't know, and I can't be definitive as to whether it was across the range, or different dates for certain models.

If you are a high mileage motorist, and 15,500 triggers it, then no change. If you are a low mileage motorist, it can be more expensive.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
The time element of the interval changed at one point. 2 years was probably correct for a 55 plate car, but by 07 it had changed to annual, or 15,500, whichever came first.

Precisely when the change took place I don't know, and I can't be definitive as to whether it was across the range, or different dates for certain models.

If you are a high mileage motorist, and 15,500 triggers it, then no change. If you are a low mileage motorist, it can be more expensive.

Yes, but its good, even for a low milliage motorist to have the car checked over and vital fluids changed yearly. Oil degrades, seals perish etc....

djb

Reaction score

as above but for 08 cars and probably others, 1year

Top Bottom