Anyone got a big engined ML to sell?

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
Hi everyone, back after a gap due to working out in China, no time to spend on web browsing with KTV bars (with added girls) to keep you entertained at night:D

Now bucking the trend completely it seems, is anybody interested in selling a big and brawny ML? I have a lovely 2004 E320CDi Avantgarde with only 33k miles to deal with if you are.

Reason for this extravagance? Spending more time away working and thinking "s*d it", may as well blow taxation, fuel costs and everything else when back home.

I fancied a Range Rover (had them as company cars, then remembered who paid all the bills), not that keen on X5's (and similarly people not that keen on X5 owners:rolleyes:) and thought of sticking with the Merc' fraternity.

Let me know of anything please

Thanks

psmart

Reaction score
Keep your hands off mine :)

Plenty of AMG's around with the 55 (W163) or 63 (W164) engines. The 500's are quite scarce, Ive been looking (or dreaming) at changing for a 550 (AMG's are not really good for off road work) but they go quickly!

Other option is the 420cdi, plenty around, just as fast, but a lot more complicated.

ps) Look at www.motortrak.co.uk as a starting point.

Last edited:

giuseppe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220Cdi avantgaurde 2001
Keep your hands off mine :)

Plenty of AMG's around with the 55 (W163) or 63 (W164) engines. The 500's are quite scarce, Ive been looking (or dreaming) at changing for a 550 (AMG's are not really good for off road work) but they go quickly!

Other option is the 420cdi, plenty around, just as fast, but a lot more complicated.

ps) Look at www.motortrak.co.uk as a starting point.

have a look on gumtree web site.

mattsurf

Reaction score
Hi everyone, back after a gap due to working out in China, no time to spend on web browsing with KTV bars (with added girls) to keep you entertained at night:D

Now bucking the trend completely it seems, is anybody interested in selling a big and brawny ML? I have a lovely 2004 E320CDi Avantgarde with only 33k miles to deal with if you are.

Thanks

Is your E320 cdi an estate? if so I may be interested in buying

OP
O

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
Not found one yet.....

Thanks for the replies all, am back out in China so only research online again at moment.

Question on my car is its a saloon not the estate, shame. Think I've sold it anyway to my boss as he loves it and cannot believe the VFM they offer.

So saw plenty of 320CDi ML's but just don't think they are brawny enough to be honest, may still get one if right spec/right price, etc. Not sure on the styling either....:confused:

Do think they are 'overpriced' compared to the competition (or just hold their value better as better cars - moot point for discussion:rolleyes:).

However, and please forgive me for my sins but I'm tempted, REALLY tempted by a VW Tourag V10 diesel.......

To some its a Passat on steroids, to others its a Porsche Cayenne in disguise. To me, I couldn't give a stuff about the badge, VW's are decent motors and the V10 has enough cachet to overcome the badge IMO. Seen a few available and prices are keen. An alternative, and only a maybe given view on the Merc' 3.0 capability, is the 3.0TDi version.

So apologies in advance if I change my allegiences but I remain here (via my partners CLC180K) and am sure to be back again if I indeed go....

Mark A

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
58 ML-320CDI.
According to Parkers the V-10 TDI is considerably slower than either the ML-500 or the 420CDI, althought I do agree that the W-164 is holding it's prices rather well.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Thanks for the replies all, am back out in China so only research online again at moment.

Question on my car is its a saloon not the estate, shame. Think I've sold it anyway to my boss as he loves it and cannot believe the VFM they offer.

So saw plenty of 320CDi ML's but just don't think they are brawny enough to be honest, may still get one if right spec/right price, etc. Not sure on the styling either....:confused:

Do think they are 'overpriced' compared to the competition (or just hold their value better as better cars - moot point for discussion:rolleyes:).

However, and please forgive me for my sins but I'm tempted, REALLY tempted by a VW Tourag V10 diesel.......

To some its a Passat on steroids, to others its a Porsche Cayenne in disguise. To me, I couldn't give a stuff about the badge, VW's are decent motors and the V10 has enough cachet to overcome the badge IMO. Seen a few available and prices are keen. An alternative, and only a maybe given view on the Merc' 3.0 capability, is the 3.0TDi version.

So apologies in advance if I change my allegiences but I remain here (via my partners CLC180K) and am sure to be back again if I indeed go....

When you get back, get a long test drive in the V8 4.2 diesel. All the engine you'll ever want. Can do wheelies. And 25 mpg combined. All the kit including the fabulous airmatic suspension similar to that on the S class.

BTW the MB website has a good search engine for what is available via all UK dealers and Direct Mercedes worth a look too.

kkmfo

Reaction score
Toerag

I've got a 54reg V10 toerag - had it for 2.5yrs. Its not sports car quick (how could it be?) but its got the real mid-range grunt that I suspect you are looking for.
Its a pleasure at motorway speeds accelerating very smartly at speeds well in excess of 70mph (where legal).
Also a lovely luxury interior and all round very comfortably well-appointed luxury car.

OP
O

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
Agree the Merc's are faster but the Toe-Rag ain't slow itself; its about "enough power/speed" not 'most', saving at least £5k like-for-like on what is still a nice car is also a consideration (but not a necessity). The Merc's are in short supply it seems (that good nobody sells them?). Will continue the search - thanks for the feedback everybody

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom