2003 W211 stearing and seats memory

girota

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 mercedes E550 4 matic sport package
Hi.I have problem with my seats.In my mercedes i have option easy entry.But this option working first six months and now stop.I have in the dash computer 3 option.easy entry off,just the stearing wheel and stearing plus seats.If i choice the stearing and seats the stearing move up but the seats not move forward.and same thing with parking help with pasenger mirror.with reverse this mirror move down but not any moore.Sorry for my english.Thank you for your help

alan782

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 cdi (211) avantgard estate zzr1400(2012)
My seats do the same, i havent sussed it yet. Check the mirror switch is on the passenger mirror or it doesnt move in reverse.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
The memory system only works between certain parameters. So, if you have the seat too far back already, then the seat will not move any further back when you remove the key (and so won't move forward again when you getback in). Same with the wheel. It will only move up if it's set to be down beyond a certain position.
So, for the Mrs (5'2), the seat moves back, but for me (6'0) it doesn't.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes the seat moves back for easy entry,,but it will move to the stored setting for the ignition key that has your parameters stored in it when you insert it and turn on

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Yes the seat moves back for easy entry,,but it will move to the stored setting for the ignition key that has your parameters stored in it when you insert it and turn on

I have memory seats but mine doesn't do that.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Hi.I have problem with my seats.In my mercedes i have option easy entry.But this option working first six months and now stop.I have in the dash computer 3 option.easy entry off,just the stearing wheel and stearing plus seats.If i choice the stearing and seats the stearing move up but the seats not move forward.and same thing with parking help with pasenger mirror.with reverse this mirror move down but not any moore.Sorry for my english.Thank you for your help

If it was working but has now stopped it sounds like a fault. Ask dealer to check it?

For the mirror to dip on reversing you need to have the left mirror control selected on the door panel. (Two buttons one for left and one for right. Press the left one and then it should dip when reversing. Press the right one and it will not dip. Useful if reversing a long way down a narrow road).

jberks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If it was working but has now stopped it sounds like a fault. Ask dealer to check it?

Possible - but in my experience, all that's happened is that you've adjusted outside the parameters. The dealer had this problem on my handover. One minute it worked, the next it didn't. He was just on the limit so the moment he altered the settings slightly, it stopped working. He clearly though it was faulty but didn't want to say anything but after 10 mins messing around when I got home, I'd figured it out and haven't had a problem since.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have memory seats but mine doesn't do that.

What part does not do that,,the seat going back ?? this part can be temperamental and needs to be set in the cluster,,my seat used to move back further, but has now ceased to do so, but the steering column raises OK. I drive with the seat almost all the way back anyway and not a problem,,we both have a 33" inside leg.

It could be that one has to memorize it

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
What part does not do that,,the seat going back ?? this part can be temperamental and needs to be set in the cluster,,my seat used to move back further, but has now ceased to do so, but the steering column raises OK. I drive with the seat almost all the way back anyway and not a problem,,we both have a 33" inside leg.

It could be that one has to memorize it

I'll have a play with it. I usually move the seat back for me by holding the numbered button on the door. Didn't know it would do that automatically if I put the key in and turned it on (as I do that after I am in the car and can't get in till I've moved it back!)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll have a play with it. I usually move the seat back for me by holding the numbered button on the door. Didn't know it would do that automatically if I put the key in and turned it on (as I do that after I am in the car and can't get in till I've moved it back!)

I will have a play and move mine forward,,and see if I can get it to go back when the key is out,, we both have identical functions

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK I have been out and played. :D:D any excuse to go and sit in it after 3 years cant be bad.

I have a convenience menu,,and within that menu I can set the steering column on its own and there is another menu under that one "steering and seats" I have just set it in that mode and the seat now moves all the way to the rear when I withdraw the key:D:D:D

jberks

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK I have been out and played. :D:D any excuse to go and sit in it after 3 years cant be bad.

I have a convenience menu,,and within that menu I can set the steering column on its own and there is another menu under that one "steering and seats" I have just set it in that mode and the seat now moves all the way to the rear when I withdraw the key:D:D:D

Great fun for a bit Malcolm, but a bit of a pain if you're quickly diving out for a pint of milk. I haul myself up, as most do I guess, by pulling on the wheel but I have to sit and wait until it's stopped whirring up first or I'll strain the motor.
The seat I imagine will be easier on yours, being a 2 seater, it can go all the way back. On models like mine, if it whirred back when I was sitting there, apart from the fact that I'd end up struggling to clamber out from behind the B piller, it would crush my passengers' legs :-(.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Great fun for a bit Malcolm, but a bit of a pain if you're quickly diving out for a pint of milk. I haul myself up, as most do I guess, by pulling on the wheel but I have to sit and wait until it's stopped whirring up first or I'll strain the motor.
The seat I imagine will be easier on yours, being a 2 seater, it can go all the way back. On models like mine, if it whirred back when I was sitting there, apart from the fact that I'd end up struggling to clamber out from behind the B piller, it would crush my passengers' legs :-(.

That was funny :D:D In my case the seat is nearly all the way back,,I should convert it really so that it raised instead.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport

I don't think I have the individual key settings (that sets your seat position when you put the key in). And if I do, it is not set. Just as well as we often use the same key and we both drive almost every day. So we use the numbered buttons.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I don't think I have the individual key settings (that sets your seat position when you put the key in). And if I do, it is not set. Just as well as we often use the same key and we both drive almost every day. So we use the numbered buttons.

Right you have your key and Mrs hawk has hers.

Set the car up how you like it and give yourself some alternative settings, so that you can get a change on a long journey by setting the memory on 1,2 and 3.
Now Mrs Hawk gets in with her key, and does the same, and you now have his and her keys with nothing to push.

This way you get 3 alternative settings :D:D

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport

Set the car up how you like it and give yourself some alternative settings, so that you can get a change on a long journey by setting the memory on 1,2 and 3.
Now Mrs Hawk gets in with her key, and does the same, and you now have his and her keys with nothing to push.

I agree. But we don't always carry both keys and often switch driver.

I'm not even sure they still have the key-sensitive setting on my E class. I know they dropped it on some models as it caused lots of confusion apparently. I will try to remember to check in settings.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport

I've checked carefully and we don't have 'key sensitive' available in "settings".

Was it 2005 that MB took a lot of functions out both to reduce complexity and becuase of customer confusion. I remember reading something about it on US forums. For us it doesn't matter but some will like the key-sensitive settings as you do and will miss them. presumably they are still in there somewhere and could be reactivated?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is not an activated thing,,it is there all the time and you cannot turn it off

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
This is not an activated thing,,it is there all the time and you cannot turn it off

OK. Well they have removed it from the 211 series in the year and model that I have. IIRC on the S class I had, in settings you could choose to have key sensity activated or not.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK. Well they have removed it from the 211 series in the year and model that I have. IIRC on the S class I had, in settings you could choose to have key sensity activated or not.

The answer then is to marry someone the same size as you:rolleyes::rolleyes: problem solved :D:D

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom